Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,550 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Which Town Are You Doing Your Quit-(and Thanks,all of You)

17 years ago 0 322 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
and again, brilliant to see your all still entertaining us all in your own "quit towns". Brilliant!! Just read this off nico`s lies...its just perfect... Taking back control, restoring self-respect and self-confidence, being truly honest and feeling totally free, so fresh and new, clean and proud, smelling oh so sweet, while healing and growing healthier day by day, the real you is just dying to come home. Is it time to end the suicide march or were you born to die an addict's death? It's your birthright to be free. Isn't it time you claimed it? Isn't it time to meet the "real" you again? The key to your cell and to trading places, by placing your dependency under arrest, is in understanding the core principles of dependency, withdrawal and recovery, while following just one simple rule - never use nicotine in any form again - NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF! Breathe deep, hug hard, live long, JACKO (UK) Ps...Just had to reset my clock an start again!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 233 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
Hi Everyone, I knew it would work this thread-I just know we have to raise our self-esteem as we are going thro` hell trying to kill the demon. We all come from afar and wide to be together in this place and that is with big thanks to the SSC. They do a great job and I,as well as all of you, appreciate the hard work that goes into a site of this nature. I hope we are all smoke free? Yes? Good bloody job!so,back now to the job in hand.Packing In Smoking in our towns. All newcomers to the site are welcome to let us all know where you are doing your quit and is there any famous people quitting in your town. I am so glad I`m Back!! Missed you even tho` it was only a day!! Thankyou for your tremendous support for me and for each other!!! Jacko(UK) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 788 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE- THIS IS THE Forum for New Users & General Discussion DAY 16 I am astonished at the number of posts Ive had since the thread"were do you all live" was removed-I`m very touched and because of you, I`m back. Im JACKO(UK) and I`m not smoking in Newton-le-Willows Merseyside in England. Where is now that you dont smoke-I believe Mr Ed is not smoking in London. My town where I am now quit, is just off J22/23 on the M6 motorway and is in the North West of England. I own RosiesbarCafe in Earlestown, Newton-le-Willows which is my family buisiness and I have just implemented "no smoking" at the bar-its gone down really well as all my customers now know Im a NON-SMOKER!!! Its Brilliant.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rick Astley, the pop singer from the 80`s packed in smoking in Newton as he was born here and so was Colin Welland the Playwright. Is there any famous people quit in your town? You can search "Earlestown" and "Newton-le-Willows" away from the site to see my town and where Im doing my quit. It has 9000 properties and is very densly populated. I think over half of our population in Earlestown, Newton-le-Willows, has quit-and also the new NO SMOKING law comes into force next year so that will help us all!! I have made some cards up and put them on my bar with THIS website on so I am seeing if I can get more people to quit and join us on here- THIS IS THE TYPE OF PERSON I AM!! Thanks for the support and I hope we can all get on with our quit in a lively, fun sort of way. Jacko(UK) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 760 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
I wondered what the commotion was with the security at the door-sorry mr ed but you are banned for 3 months!!! Cheers for Everthing Buddy Jacko(UK) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 760 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
Hi All, Jacko here wishing you all good lick as Im off to Turkey en la Manana-cant wait. Hope your all here when I get back. Be Strong and Smoke Free Love to MY New Family Jacko(UK) (Smokefree for 19 Days, 8 hrs and 5 mins and feel great) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 956 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �285 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
You know, I was wondering, if booking the holiday, you know when your in the shop and they are givin you all these mad prices and places to go and how cheap they are and how good it is here and there...etc and i was thinking whether it influenced me to either start or stop smoking' ?? Jacko(UK) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 908 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �270 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
Hi All, I thank you for all your support in the situation Overall, this thread has helped so many people to, well, sort of get away from their quit and get to know their fellow quitters to a certain extent, and the enviroment that they all live. I added the Holiday link into this one because I dont wanna go thro` all the arguments again with a fresh thread. I feel that the Holiday thread on here is a very serious part of a quit because if we are gonna fail, then the Holiday is probably the more likely place to fail. Therefore, I personally believe, this part of the thread is very important to us all and for us to keep focused on why we are all here as a sort of "Quit Family" if you like. Q. Members, Now that we know where everyone is from do you think it influenced you to either start or stop smoking? Danielle A. Realistcally, this thread is not about starting or stoping smoking-its about getting on with the job in hand and keeping the Quit On. Personally, I think it was a silly question to ask. Now I hope you have all have a great weekend, I will check in Sunday night before I fly to Turkey for my well earned rest-the pub game drains me!!! Thanks all of You Jacko(UK) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 885 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �255 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
Brilliant Niks.....it is my first hol to----looking forward to it a lot. Chat Soon jacko(UK) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 865 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �255 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
Bubba.... You have helped the enviroment a lot...RE:STATS My Quit Date: 9/10/2001 Smoke-Free Days: 1768 Cigarettes Not Smoked: 106,103 Amount Saved: $17680 Life Gained: Days: 364 Hrs: 21 Mins: 14 Seconds: 16 Jacko [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 869 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �255 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
Ok....yes this is brilliant...I`m off to Turkey on Monday morning @ 6am for well earned break---------------------------cant wait!! Where is your "quit free vaction" this year? Have you already been or about to go? Let us all know. Icmelar, Turkey is where i will be for the next week in the Abacus-All inclusive no smoking room for 4 of us(2 rooms)�999-00- BARGAIN!! Yes it is amazing where we all are in the world aint it-I mean we are all everywhere. We need some more Europeans on here and mabe some Japanese, Chineese, Koreans, Cezch, Germans, Polish,etc...come on you lot....lets get this site a massive worldwide quit!! Will post Sunday night before my Hols and I will try and find a Cafe` to log on in Turkey!! Good Luck all of You and I wanna see all of you still quit when I get back!!!! Be Strong Your Friend Jacko(UK) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 860 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �255 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21

Reading this thread: