Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Which Town Are You Doing Your Quit-(and Thanks,all of You)

17 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all I live in the Beautiful Pacific North West. I am in Washington state 100 miles north of Seattle and about 30 minutes south of the Canadian Border. I am happily married we have been together 15 yrs. DH is a non-smoker. We have 5 rural acres, 6 dogs ( a couple rescued) a cat, goose, chickens and 2 goats. I am a LUCKY stroke survivor, had left hemiparesis (paralyzed) I have regained about 90% back. I do have some vision problems and cognitive deficits. we have 3 grown children and 4 grandchildren 13, 9,7, & 3. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I am no longer smoking in Aberdeen in the North East of Scotland. Aberdeen is famed for it's lovely Granite city centre, and is the Oil Capital of Europe... Lots of expensive cars and Expensive people living in this here city... Wish I was one.. LOL Aberdeen is just off the A96 and has lovely long sandy beaches, lots of parks and gardens, museums, fish factories (phew) and many many tourist attractions.... Misty.. Route 66 huh?? I always wanted to ride down route 66 on a motorbike.... Krissie
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm melting in AZ with Shevie. While shevie lives in snotsville, i live in the ass end of Arizona by Bullhead City and Lake Havasu.. Which are usually the hottest places in North America. Anyhow, more specifically, i am not smoking in Oatman Arizona, which is a little old mining town, turned tourist attraction on old Route 66. We have wild burros roaming the streets, and wild drunks falling down in the streets. You know... the usual. I live in the old Hospital here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 552 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $130 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello All, I'm new here and smoke free in rural Pennsylvania. (My first day and I am already sweating and sick to my stomach:() I can't think of a single famous person in our area...... but we love it here anyway. Own about 50 acres with a 125 year old house and a barn that could hold 5 of them. No farm animals tho! Just a bassett hound and two cats. My husband works from our home and I do clerical work for my husband - what a team. Hey Jacko - we are planning a trip to England, hopefully next Spring! Maybe we will be able to include a visit to your cafe! My grandmother was from England - Guisborough actually. Originally from Cornwall tho. Well - gotta run. Although I'm sure I'll be running in and out of here all day. Have to keep totally occupied today of all days. Good luck to all and God Bless! CJ in PA ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smoke free in southwestern ontario...two steps from lake erie and a stone throw away from a tobacco field. Dont ask me how many times I considered going out there this past week and picking the leaves... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 104 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 102 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What the heck! Born smokefree in Amsterdam, started smoking in Belgium, some more in England (Luton, need I say more), moved the smoking to Thailand, and now not smoking in Germany (close to where England won the first game). Happy to hear the ban is a success in your pub. Must make it a little bit easier for you! I'll have a look at your website now. My uncle stopped smoking a while ago, cold turkey, and he said, 'it's all very simple when you think about it, just don't light a cigarette'. Brenda [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 65 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 97 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Started smoking at the age of 12 in San Bernardino CA, smoked in West Covina CA while I was a teen and through out college. Continued to smoke while married in Wrightstown NJ, Memphis TN, Waco TX, Robinson TX and Sherman TX. Loved the smoking in Jersey so much we moved back to Cherry Hill NJ...btw that's where I quit for 2.5 years (898 days) Then we moved here to Summerdale AL and the pressure was too much so I lit up :( Even though I hate this place and am miserable here...Summerdale AL is going to be the LAST place I smoke come August 1, 2006 :) I will not allow this town, my mil or these God awful cigarettes to slowly drain the life from me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 351 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all, started smoking way to many years ago as a teenager. I am in north eastern part of Virginia, however, that is not home, home will always be Colorado and will be going back soon....hopefully. Decided to become smoke free when I ran out of excuses to tell myself. My last one was wait until the kids were gone so I didn't kill them, well that happened over a year ago. What's the excuse now....I am here and loving it. Happy Hump Day to you all. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 307 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 322 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 406 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 322 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice to come back to this thread and see who`s who and who have we lost etc.... Doing ok again. Jacko Earlestown, Newton-le-Willows UK [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,244 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �360 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59

Reading this thread: