Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Which Town Are You Doing Your Quit-(and Thanks,all of You)

17 years ago 0 663 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Late to the party as usual, I am. I remember Rain's thread and really enjoyed it and was only 'moderately' upset when it was removed. I personally enjoy these threads because it just brings us a bit closer, I guess, knowing where everyone's from and that we're all in this together in a sense. Just human nature, I presume. Anyway, I'm in Richmond, Virginia these days - home of Philip Morris. They're no longer getting my money, the bast@rds. keep fightin' the good fight - fish [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 206 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,196 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1030 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 427 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey All, Thought I would throw my data out there. Started smoking in 1970 as a mere child of 7 in a little town outside Chicago, IL. Proceeded to smoke in California, Georgia, Alabama and until recently all over Silicon Valley in California. I am a Realtor here and smoking in California is pretty much taboo anymore. vacationing will be fun. I have a week coming up in October in Maui (Top 1% Coldwell Banker) that should be fun SMOKE FREE. StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 52 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$24,990.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 634 Hours: 1

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Actually we had posts like this when I first began my quit. It was very helpful to know that I wasn't alone and that others around me and from all over the world were quitting smoking, just like I was. It gave me a sense of belonging to a group. This forum is much like a "group think" forum that many fortune 500 companies are using these days to focus on issues and finding solutions to solve them. It if works for corporate American it can work for us. My opinion has always been... "DO WHATEVER IT TAKES, JUST DON'T SMOKE" :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 378 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,573 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1323 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning Jacko! So good to have you back! I don't know if this will slide or not but at least you are on topic now as to not smoking. The mods don't want us posting personal information. I'm sure you understand that this is for our own good. You know, we may all be decent people around here but there are all kinds of nuts around these days. The rules are there for our protection, even if we don't agree with them. I just wanted to come in here and say I am so glad you didn't give up on us. The site doesn't belong to us, but we are the ones that make it work. Stick around, even if this tread vanishes into cyber space. I can't even count the number of threads I've had disappear by magic :) By the way, I am in the good old US. I began smoking as a teen in Illinois and carried my smoking all the way to the Nation's capital in Washington, DC for several years. I am carring out my quit in the beautiful (but hot) state of Georgia. It is nice to meet all of you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 376 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,526 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1316 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:)P.S. Fishing in the White Marlin tournament in Ocean City Md next week my first tournament without cigs. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 430 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,612 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1935 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm SMOBER in very hot Rehobth Beach Delaware. Started smoking around 17 and smoked for 20 years. My hubby and I quit togeteher We own and operate a construction business. We also have 2 teenage sons along with six horses and 5 dogs (crazy I Know) but we love competion and love to show our horses. Water scenes from the movie Failure to Launch filmed here, Runaway Bride filmed a few miles away in Berlin, Md there are 2 more movies but cant remeber the names one with Robin Williams filmed in Newark and one with Sissy spacek filmed in Ocean City. Phil Ritchie from the show Supernova lives just a few miles away and plays in local clubs here other well know Famous Delawareans Valerie Bertinelli actress, Wilmington Robert Montgomery Bird playwright, author, New Castle Henry S. Canby editor, author, Seidel Annie Jump Cannon astronomer, Dover Felix Darley artist, Claymont E. I. du Pont industrialist, Wilmington Henry Heimlich surgeon, inventor, Wilmington Wilham Julius Johnson basketball player, Wilmington Howard Pyle artist, author, Wilmington John Phillips author, Wilmington George Read jurist, signer of Declaration of Independence, New Castle Caesar Rodney patriot, signer of Declaration of Independence, And thats Dela Where? The first State :) Stay Smober Cori [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 430 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,612 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1935 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Josie, I have a question that probably should be done via "Contact Us", but I think many wonder the same thing, so I'm doing it publicly. You said "If you wish to share more, than you can do so through the SSC IM Messenger." What about those who can't get the Messenger to work? What about those who use Mac computers? From what I see here, there a many who are out of luck when it comes to the SSC IM. How do they share personal info? Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 418 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,371 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1588.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 78 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
I agree with Mr. Ed, Danielle. Did it help my quit? No, not directly (not this late in my game, anyway). But it provides a feel-good for all of us, regardless of where we are in our quits. IMO, this feel-good goes far in supporting our individual quits. After all, what is the purpose of rewards? To give us a feel-good. Threads like this perform a similar function. Suppressing them provides an opposite, very negative effect. I understand the need for security, to protect the SSC�s members. But nobody knows my name and nobody can track me down even if they have my city and state. It gives me a boost to know that there are people in my state who are going through this, even if I have no clue to exactly where or who they are. It provides a sense of psychological �closeness� that I find comforting. Early in my quit, I expect that would have helped immensely. Like Lady said, "DO WHATEVER IT TAKES, JUST DON'T SMOKE" Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 417 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,353 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1584.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 77 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
Andy, I've been by it often, but never been in (not a bar patron type). It does sound like folks are having a blast in there, though. They're prediciting 113 today and up to 117 by the weekend. Is that what you miss? :8o: Or is the the blisters from the car seats and steering wheel? J/K. :) All I got to say is I sure am glad I don't have to go out and stand in it once an hour to smoke anymore. That was just rediculous! Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 415 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,313 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1577 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 77 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
Hi, Jacko. This thread is very similar to Joyfulspirit's "Want to Get to Know You" thread which was huge. It's still around, buried deep in this forum if you want to look it up. I'm not smoking in Scottsdale, Arizona. It's often called "Snottsdale" because of all the new-money, spoiled-brat people who live here, but that's on the north end, several miles away. I'm down here in the "slums" of the south end where mostly normal people live. ;) Congratulations on making your bar smoke-free. I'm glad the change was well accepted. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 415 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,308 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1577 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 77 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11

Reading this thread: