Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,545 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Mr Ed's Hazardous Journey

18 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I tell you... I am so proud of each of you. Mr Ed - for strength in the face of a manure crisis! For Sunshine in the face of a simple syrup snafu! For all the others. For what it's worth - I sympathize. At the end of my first week - Friday morning - I go driving into work. Oh noes! Something is wrong with my truck! It makes a nasty CLUNK noise when shifing and jerks me around worse than the local government offices! I just knew it was the transmission. There goes $1,500.00 I didn't need anyways! I did not smoke. I got a call - 'Bingo - it's covered under warranty!' 'Yay'' I says. 'Exactly sir. So it'll only cost you $270.00!' '...' 'Umm, you said warranty' 'Well yes, but you see, when we say 'Under Warranty' we mean 'We don't get to charge you as much, but we are still gonna put the screws to you'. So I ended up most of 300.00 out for that. Still I didn't smoke! Woo! Congrats to you all - B [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 312 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Morning all, It's 11.10am in the UK. Have just returned from my local garden centre. While negotiating a large roundabout, the hatch on my car flipped open, and two very large bags of compost fell in the path of the car behind me! Luckily, there was not an accident, but I was a little shaken up by the experience. You may be thinking, what is Mr Ed rambling on about? The point of this tale is that when I arrived home and spoke to my wife (Mrs Ed), she reminded me that given a similar situation happening during my 'smoking days', I would have smoked a cigarette on the way home, closely followed by another 2 while I told the story. Mrs Ed has also set the toaster on fire this morning and still I remain calm.... Mr Ed :8|: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,498 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �622.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
And this is why I'm here at SSC where I can mingle with the members and read their many posts that let me know that I am NOT the only one going through life's trials and tribulations...sometimes it seemingly comes one thing after another! Ya'll have no idea how much I personally appreciate you sharing these kinds of stories! And...I still don't smoke! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 399 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $62.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mr Ed - I so love your sense of humor!!! ---and I also love the UK, especially London:) Well done, Mr Ed - [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,237 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $292.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mr. Ed, Sunshine, Bingo .... I am so proud of each of you :-) With all that sh## and still not smoking, congragulations - now is definitely the time for a reward. Keep up with the quit :-) phoenix [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,224 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �555 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
18 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I tell ya'll - that nicdemon is working overtime. Time and time again you both have faced adversity in the last couple of weeks and you both DID NOT SMOKE! You should be proud of yourselves and I know that we are proud of you. You have changed your mindset - you are a non-smoker now and smoking is not how non-smokers deal with stress. I love that outlook! Hope your Sunday goes better and you both have a relaxing day. Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 75 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 754 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$1,703,175.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5860 Hours: 11

Minutes: 50 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mr. Ed, I think you have started a really great post, it give everyone a place to really vent and we didn't smoke...Thanks Bingo, I am so proud of you, and those 15 days congratulations... Be blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 121 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,068 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $423.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$229,928.63

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6396 Hours: 17

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mr.Ed, I think you deserve a star this morning, after all of the aggravation you have been through. First your car and now this. Congratulations on you strength not to smoke. I hope there was no damage to your home after the toaster incident. I know that you are so proud that you have been able to go through all of this and not smoke. Does it seem as though something (the nicodemon) is working in full force. Last week I was making sugar water for the hummingbirds, and you know how sticky that stuff is. Well I got it to my kitchen counter and was stirring it and the container I was mixing it with just cracked and broke. All of that sticky syrup ran down my cabinets on the side where I have five drawers, and on to the area rug I have on the floor. I just sat down and cried. Everything had to be taken out of the drawers and either put in the washing machine or dishwasher. I felt like bringing the water hose in and blasting all of it. I doubt that the red food coloring will come out of my rug. I was so aggravated ......but I didn't smoke. While mowing the lawn the lawn tractor just wouldn't run right, so it had to be taken to the repair shop. And of course it has rained everyday and the lawn still isn't mowed. My son came over to help so he was getting the 4-wheeler out to sweep the lawn, and of course he could never get the darn thing started, so off to the shop again. He gets into the truck and it wouldn't start the battery was dead and had to be charged.....And I didn't smoke. Two weeks ago the line from my water filter came out of the drain an flooded my basement, so all of that had to be cleaned up. It was in the side of the basement where my husband's workshop was so every thing had to be dried and cleaned with W D Forty so they wouldn't rust......But I didn't smoke.... I had a problem with my toaster yesterday, I put he bread in and walked away forgetting about it until I heard the smoke alarm going off. So I guess it is shot too..... But I didn't smoke.... My coffee pot is also leaking I have to put paper towels under it so the coffee won't run off the counter on to the cabinets and into the floor. I jump every time something makes a different noise. Oh yes, how could I forget while cleaning the sugar mess all over my
  • Quit Meter

$229,928.63

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Islandgirl, Thanks Islandgirl, I know that you have also face adversities in the last few days, just wanted to let you know that we are thinking of you.... It's raining here today, so the lawn will not get mowed again.. So I think I will just go out to lunch and try not to spill my food.. Be blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 120 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,047 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $420 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$229,928.63

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow it is a good thing no one here smokes who would have time to clean up all the messes made. Glad to hear the wills tested this weekend have passed and no smoking has been done. Keep up the good work ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 126 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,418 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $466.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41

Reading this thread: