Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Just down :(

18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Sunshine for your thoughts. I haven't been around as much as usual lately. I am getting through it and doing much better than last week. I'm actually getting very excited now. 4my2girls... You take it one step at a time too. You will make it through this time. Deep breaths and keep moving foward. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 298 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,971 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1043 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
18 years ago 0 226 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
4my2girls...I totally understand where you are coming from. I have been feeling the same way lately. I just keep telling myself that having a smoke won't help the situation. If we have a smoke it will only make it worse because on top of feeling down about life we will be feeling down about smoking as we should if we smoked. We have come so far in this quit to go back now. You are doing so well. I have seen your post when you reach a milestone and you are so excited and happy because of it. We can't go back now just because we are having these silly thoughts. From what I have read the will pass in time. Keep your head up... Angelic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,069 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $250.16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
4mygirls, I completely understand where you are coming from. When we smoked, we dealt with emotions by hiding from them behind a 3" cancer stick. We didn't deal with our emotions, so now that we've quit, we've got to learn how to deal with emotions in a healthy way, and that's sometimes hard. Just remember that even when we smoked, we still had bad days. So hang in there and know that this will pass. Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/butterfly3.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 179 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,485 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $739.27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, 4my2girls. BFS and Lady are both right on the money about hiding behind the cigs instead of dealing with things up front. For some of us it actually stunted our emotional development and we have to now learn how to deal with things as we should have years ago. Also, some quitters seem to hit a slump around 50 days. You may be one of them. Know that it only lasts a few days so just do your best to ignore it, think positive thoughts, and stay strong. Congratulations on 51 awesome days. Half way to the beach! :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 337 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,750 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1280.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 62 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
18 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
4my2girls - YOU ARE TOUGH ENOUGH TO QUIT. Hang in there. My thoughts are with you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,773 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $425 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$99,919.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9151 Hours: 3

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
4mygirls, It is normal and it will pass! You are keeping yourself occupied and this will help. You may also want to take some time for yourself. Try relaxation techniques, such as stretching, yoga or pilates. A hot shower or bath can also do the trick. Take the time to wind down and pamper yourself, it can make a difference. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: