Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Not smoking, now what?

18 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've been smoke free for all most 5 days now. I can't figure out what to do at night once my kids go to bed. That's when I chain smoked. I've been reading the boards. Does anyone have any suggestions what I can do at my house while my kids are sleeping, that is cheap (I spent all my $ on lozenges and lots of food). Come spring, I can go outside, but I am going nutz right now. I don't want to smoke, I just don't know what to do with myself. I'm sure I'm not the only person suffering from smoking withdraw induced ADD. Well I had ADD to begin with, but this quiting is making it so much more obvious. ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 90 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$590,421.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4423 Hours: 21

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you everyone! You are all so helpful and sweet. I have made it 8 days now. Yea! The support and ideas from everyone have saved me from myself. Sometimes I get fixated in a rut, and I need someone to redirect me. Well I guess that's all of us at times. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 162 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$590,421.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4423 Hours: 21

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 75 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OK i know what you mean about going crazy..i felt the same way. It was hard for me for about 2 weeks in to my quit until i got used to it. I've never been a fan of reading books but i figured it would be good brain exersize so i started reading or doing wordfinds and deep breathing whenever a craving hit. It all worked for me and i'm still reading and actually enjoy it. I'm able to sit & watch tv now without constantly thinking of a cigarette. Give yourself some time, the day will come when you put the kids to bed and you'll be ok. Stay busy and keep working at it!! BJ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,329 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
18 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Little mama, do you like puzzles like crossword or Suduko? Maybe your local paper has these and you can focus on working a puzzle. Best to you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 201 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,020 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $804 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
18 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Little Mama, sounds like your doin o.k., Food is an easy solution, this is what i do most nights..... Eat an orange but first peeling all the rine off including all the white bits (takes ages but very therapeutic), eat an apple by slicing up into little baby wedges & remove all the yucky bits (also takes ages) afterwards sip a nice hot cup of tea. I do this while listening to talkback radio, watching t.v. or reading a book - either way it's a great way to relax. or.. visit this place, it's Contagious plus you can swat up on other peoples experiences. ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 427 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,676 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2775.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 61 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$12,513.54

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 626 Hours: 4

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Little Mamma... I had a couple of ideas until I read the list that Cheryl gave you. :p (She is great isn't she) I really like the one about going in the kids rooms and praying for them and dreaming of their futures. Spending time with them while they sleep. How about jig saw puzzles? Watching movies or you can simply hang out here. There is a lot of reading material here and it's all free. Congratulations on your quit. It looks like you are doing great to me. Before you know it, you will have so much to do you will wonder how you ever had time to smoke. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 246 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,928 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $861 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
18 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Little Mama, There are 1000 things to do after the kids turn in at night. First is there a man in your life? Cause they add another 100 or so things to do. Try a relaxing candle light bath with bubbles if you like them. Dish soap can provide them is you have no bubble bath. Try on all the clothes in your closet and see what fits. Repair any snags, splits or buttons missing. Lay on the floor and listen to music, with or without lights. Call someone on the phone. Write a letter. Start a journal about what is going on in your life. Look at old photo alblums. Try scrapbooking new photos. Go in each of your childrens room and just sit with them for 5 minutes while they sleep. Pray for them. Dream about their future for them. Recall something special they did today that made you proud, or smile, or happy, or cry. Plan to take your children somewhere special this next week for putting up with a mom who is so concentrated on quitting this week. Give yourself a manicure. Or a complete lotion rubdown. Try reading a book. Look up a new subject on the internet. Play solitare. Organize your recipes. Clean out a cupboard in your kitchen. Scrub the bathroom floor. The list never ends, as long as you know how much energy you are willing to put forth, you will be able to find something that you can do to fill the time. Actually, my trouble is finding time to do all the things that I have thought of since I quit. Right now, I am looking for puppet patterns. You know the old fashioned hand puppets that are made to look like people. I want to make several, and then either give them to my church for a childrens puppet ministry, or give them to the local hospital for the childrens ward. I have two crocheted blankets almost finnished. one is for my husband and the other for the new mothers club at the hospital. Keep looking, there is plenty to do. ANd you can always put on some music and dance. (its called exercise, but don't tell anyone) You are doing fine. Just find some new outlets. Cheryl [font=georgia][size=4][color=teal] No Joking, I'm Still Not Smoking![/font][/size][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 243 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,833 [B]Amount Sav
18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Little mama, Congratulations on your decision to quit and welcome to the SSC. You have received great ideas on what to do to fill the time void left when you quit. Basically you have to open your mind and allow it to reach out to new things. The last thing you want to do is to dwell on your quit. Quitting is about changing your life. Those changes are all for the better. You will now have new opportunities that didn't exist before because you were spending all of your time feeding your addiction to nicotine. Open your eyes.. open your mind. There is a new world out there for you to explore. Best wishes. [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 293 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,335 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $717.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$36,333.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9768 Hours: 13

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: