Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Is It Me?

18 years ago 0 228 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
no worries Red I will take care of you on the plane and just think we won't care how long the flight is cause we won't be going through nic cravings.. Woohoo!!! LOL, I am there with the Junk in the trunk. I think that I will go with the old fashioned one you know the one peice that has the skirt for the bottoms.. Yep need to cover those legs up!! ha ha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,370 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $292.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
always here for ya babe.. and I think your right about us being a little slow on the uptake!! LOL. can't wait to be half way to the beach. we need to make sure that our seats on the plane ride are next to each other when we do finally make it!!! :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,368 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $292.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Hey Redrosie, How funny, you took the words right out of my mouth, I am wondering if it's because we are at 45 days and it's the nicodemon masking itself? I think so.. You are wonderfull and I love reading your posts.. You are our ASH KICKER Cheerleader.. Where would we be without you.. You were one of the first people that I talked to when I got to this site.. I honestly feel that along with "long time quiters" You and our ash kickers have pulled me through some pretty tough days. I know I don't post as much as I should or resopnd in a timley mannor but I am here reading allot. So please don't feel like that.. We Love You... (((HUGS))) :) P.S. love the icons!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,366 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $292.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Rosie, I had no idea you felt that way - you post like you've been here forever, (meant in a good way); you always post the best responses and have certainly cheered me up!! Stay positive - you are so much a part of this wonderful group of people here!! R-E-S-P-E-C=T!!!! [img]http://lightintheblack.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/respect.gif[/img] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �51.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
18 years ago 0 427 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rosie, I love having you here and reading your posts. I always look forward to seeing your smiling face. You definately are not overlooked, it is just that people get busy it seams. I especially have been coming in fairly seldom. Don't fret we love you. Besides that who would help with the Ash Kickers? Just Say N.O.P.E. [img] http://stubow.com/ssc/ka.jpg [img] Kickin ASh in 06 StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 838 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $132 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$24,975.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 633 Hours: 16

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Guys, I have been coming to this site for a while now and I know that this is the reason I have been quit for so long.(also hard work on my part.) I am not one to start my own posts very often. There are so many of the longer (trying to avoid the word older) quitters who are so eloquent that I am sometimes intimidated to say more than I do. This same eloquence and experience has helped me immensely. I guess what I am trying to say is that I am sometimes feeling like I am not part of the group. I try to be supportive and I hope I am, but not getting much feed back makes me wonder. I think it is because I never seem to hook-up with many people (Ash Kickers) that I started out with. We seem to be on at different times. I hope I am not coming across as too much of a whiner, dislike whining. I may be bringing these feelings here from my real life as well. I don't fit in with the smokers anymore, and there seems to be no room for me with the non-smokers as they all ready have their cliques established. I just needed to post this as lately I have been feeling discouraged about my quit. I want to make sure I am not making up "excuses" to start smoking again. Thanks for listening,(reading) [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,091 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $373.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
A BIG Thank You to all of my SSC friends. You all made a huge difference in the outcome of my day yesterday. Because of all of you, I didn't have a slip up. I have been going merrily along, enjoying all the benefits of not smoking, when BAMM! I had these horrible feelings of loneliness, sadness, melancoly, and worthlessness. Now in reality, I know none of those things are really what I am about. I'm not quite sure what you would call what I was going through. I have not really been having any cravings lately, so that wasn't it. I didn't really want a cigarette. I am still on the patch, will be for about 9 more days, so it wasn't withdrawal. So what was the problem? I think it was Missyfit who mentioned the mental aspect of it. That feels right to me. For some reason, my subconsience was trying to sabotage my quit. The quit I was so proud of and thought I was having such an easy time with compared to others. Why this would be I'm not sure. I will have to go to Uni. and study up on the human psyci. to answer that. I'll get back to you in 4 years. lol. Please let this be an example to everyone that things can go wrong with our quits when we become too compacent with ourselves. I'm still here... Bigger, (literally),Better and Stronger. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/w00t.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,119 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $381.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
Thanks everybody, your kind words are just what I need. It made me cry to get your support. I have been feeling fragile for a day or 2. I think Missy is right about the mental aspect. I think Nicodemon is getting nervous about how well I am doing so he decided to give me a little kick in the..[IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/censored.gif[/IMG].. to let me know he's still lurking around, ready to jump in when he sees a weakness. I haven't been sleeping well lately so that is also affecting how I see things. I am not someone who ever asks for help. I have always been the strong one, the one everyone comes to with their problems. It is hard for me to admit when I am feeling vulnerable and needing help. Then I realize .. Oh yeah, that's what this site is all about you silly bunny! lol. [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/bunnyjump.gif[/IMG] Thanks again for your encouragement. I really appreciate it. Me and my smileys are here to stay!!! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/mademyday.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,092 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $373.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
I was wondering what that was I felt on my backside. I thought it was all the extra food I've been eating. LOL. Thanks polly for the kind words, I always look for you too. Aren't we doing great! [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/hug.gif[/IMG] Ash Kickin' [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,093 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $373.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
Jess, you wouldn't want me as a seat mate, I hate flying! I'd be the one running up and down the aisle saying "let me out, let me out!" I'll have to go by this [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/Transportation_fahr10.gif[/IMG] or this [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/HORSE.gif[/IMG] I sure am gonna look sexay on the beach with my extra junk in the trunk. I'll have to wear one of those old fashioned ones with the leggings and the black and white stripes. Aint I purdy! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,095 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $373.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33

Reading this thread: