Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

don't know if this will help

4 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Fadedfate,

very nice to meet you. Seems there are more than a few of us out there working through life stuff that has a grip on us one way or another.

I’ll be keeping an eye on your thread so know someone is hearing you.

I have a good feeling about this space and it’s resources from what I have seen so far as I’m new as well

also nice to meet you Janedoe06 & Ashley

4 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Thanks for posting Janedoe06!

I am sorry to hear you are feeling stuck in avoiding some things you need to address. That is very stressful and depression is terrible for interfering with our motivation and ability to get things done. My only suggestion is to set small goals. Work on it for 15 or even 5 minute internals. Sometimes getting started is less daunting when we start small. Also, please feel free to share any thoughts you might have here. Sometimes typing out your thoughts can be very helpful in figuring things out and facing emotions.

I hope to read more from you soon!

Take care,

Ashley

4 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi fadedfate, this is my 1st time posting here and just wanted to say, I know what you mean about feeling more rejected (when you joined previous community), especially when I’m sure it was difficult reaching out (joining community to get help/support).

Ive got 2 urgent matters to deal with in my life right now, literally have to face the consequences (of not doing, or not doing it well enough) within the next couple days to a few weeks. I’ve been procrastinating (really to avoid awful feelings, thoughts) and I know I need help (emotional support, or tips to get going, keep at it, or maybe someone to just spill my guts to because I feel a lot of shame, anxiety, etc) and if I could afford consistent counseling, I know that would help. But I can’t, so that’s why I’m here.

Anyways, I’m going to try not to use this forum as another way to procrastinate, avoid feeling certain things. But just wanted to say hi and let you know you’re not alone. Take care and I hope you’ve had better days since you last posted.

4 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Welcome fadedfate,

I am sorry to hear you felt rejected in other communities before. This community is very quiet lately, but you still should get a reply when you post within the week. Perhaps it is serendipitous that you find us now; we could really use a member posting regularly here. Perhaps your presence will encourage other members to post!

I am also sorry to read you have been feeling bad most of the time. How are you able to get yourself to a neutral mood occasionally? What is different during those times?

I hope to read more from you soon,

Ashley

4 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I tried talking to other community before and it made me felt more rejected than before. Or I am not sure if these are the right place to be.

Either way, I am at a point where I am feeling bad about feeling bad most of the time. Each time things get neutral (not even positive), it drags right back down again. It's frustrating and tiring.

So here I am trying to talk to another community because I don't know where else to go.

Reading this thread: