Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Is this my problem?

13 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Not even sure why it upset me so much. It made me feel angry, frustrated, panicked...but when it was all over, I should have just let it go. And I don't really know why I could not. Maybe the upcoming chapters will answer that.
13 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Brightsunnyday,

It is only human to get upset about things occasionally but stewing about things can be counter productive.  This is something you can certainly work on.  It is all about challenging negativity and changing core beliefs.  The entire program will help you with this but session 4-6 may be especially useful to you now.  Also, the auxiliary session on Worry may also help. 

You say that you were just upset.  I think it may benefit you to examine why exactly it was so upsetting.  Understanding this may help you challenge some core beliefs and then change how you react. Aside from leaving your children what about it did you find so offensive?  What was it that you were not able to let go of?

On a side note I think it is great you are examining how you are reacting to things.  This self analysing will really help you moving forward!  Nice work

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I noticed something today.

I was at the museum with 3 of my children. The baby need a clean diaper and I left the 2 youngsters in the museum alone while I quickly ran out the side door to grab the diaper from the car. I would have been gone almost 2 minutes, but when I came back to the side door a soldier who had been loading something in a van using that side door also (staff only and he wasn't staff...neither was I) told me I had to go around to the front of the building to get back in. The side door is not the usual door as you need to use the front entrance in order to pay. However, this soldier saw me pay. My kids went up to see him close up while we were inside the museum. He saw me come out of the side door with a baby, and get a diaper. He could see that I had no coat nor purse, and as he saw me with my little kids, he knew they must still be in there and that I needed to return quickly. Although the "rule" is that one must use the front door, it would seem to me acceptable to use the side door in certain circumstances, like he was....and like I was. But, I guess soldiers are trained to follow rules, and not to think about exceptions nor why the rule is there. Anyway, he made me run around to the other side of the building and then race back through the building to get back to my kids. I was upset not just because my kids were left alone (well not totally alone...my friends were there but I had not alerted them to watch over my kids) for more than the 90 seconds I intended but also I just...I was just ...I dunno....just UPSET. I couldn't get it out of my mind, I was annoyed, angry, and spent the rest of the day stewing about it. It was silly. I could do nothing about it. So why, oh why could I not just let it go and forget about it?

Is my inability to let go.....my stewing about things that are past....my....I dunno....
Is it normal to feel so upset for something so silly?
Is this personality trait causing/aggravating my depression?

Reading this thread: