Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,559 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

I am new...

14 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi, IM new too, and love that we have the first 3 letters of our name the same.

anyways, i read your post and actually just watched this dateline episode on ADHD, it wasnt focusing directly on ADHD, but the basis was how to control it with a simple tonsil operation. 

anyways- welcome- i hope we both gain something from this brand new community.

14 years ago 0 125 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the great big DC family!!!

Sry for the late welcome I try to come as often as I can but sometimes I get distracted wit hmy chaotic life

14 years ago 0 199 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Suzwilson

Welcome to the group. I am sorry to hear you are having a hard time.  My only advice to you is that you don't have to handle it all  and you are not responsible for everyone.  I read a book called titled Boundaries by Dr Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend and it helped me a lot. In fact I think I need to read it again. You might want to give it a look see at your local book store and see if you think it might be helpful to your situation. Please go easy on your self and focus on getting well.

Sid
14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Suzwilson
Welcome.  I hope you find this program as useful as I have in my quest to recover from depression.  I often think it doesn't matter what causes it - your health issue or a chemical misfiring in the brain/thyroid.  We still have the same struggles and this program can help. 
Please post and let us know how you are doing both physically and mentally.
14 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Suzwilson,

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now.   You have a lot of wonderful things in your life right now but the thing is when you are depressed it is hard to appreciate anything.

Have you talked to your doctor about your depression?  I think it is very important that you do so.  To my understanding Hemachromatosis may effect the thyroid which can effect mood.  It is something to look into. 

You can handle this. Start with the program and talking to your doctor. What are some next steps you plan on taking?

We will always be here when you need us.

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 82 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi suzwilson

Im not good at giving advice,but Their is alot of poeple here who are I can relate to the teenage girls! they can be a hand full at times,You will find alot of good poeple here,welcome.
14 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Am at the " i can't believe this is happening to me" stage wondering why I can't stop crying. How did I get here? I don't quite know and am hoping that this program will help me figure it out. I have a wonderful husband who is being very understanding, a son whom I love very much (he is 12 and has ADHD and can be quite a challenge), two step daughters (whom I am currently struggling with - teenage girls!! Was I that mean as a teen?))a job as an executive in an oil company, a goldendoodle and am an accomplished triathlete. Also, I should say that I have been recently diagnosed with Hemachromatosis and am waiting for treatments to start and also a whole battery of other tests. Thought I could handle it all...but I guess I am wrong..... 

Reading this thread: