Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,557 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

I feel Embarased.

14 years ago 0 125 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Misso!

How are you today? Whats new?
14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, it is great to have this forum to go to and discuss issues and have people who understand and sometimes have similar experiences. 
Depression is not weakness.  I understand that society may have the misperception that people with depression are weak, but that's the first negative core belief you need to get rid of - we are not weak.  There is a section on here that better defines depression and other related things.  I suggest you start with that.  You are not weak!
Alot of the things that you are thinking come from your negative thoughts (part of the depression) regarding the situation.  for example, I'm not a good puppy mom because (all those things you said.  You've defined what makes a good puppy mom.  So you can redefine that to... I spend as much time with my puppy as I can/feel like.  My puppy gets exercise when I take him for walks.  I have to leave my puppy at home, I have to go to work. My puppy needs attention but I have to do things that I want/need to do for myself.  

Same thing is going on with the husband, talking to strangers, etc. 

Be grateful you found a place to come and share and be able to express how you really feel, not be criticized nor condemned for feeling this way.  It's okay to rant, we all do it here. 

There is a section called relationships.  You might want to start a new discussion there about the issues with your husband.  It sounds like you've got alot going on there.  I'm sure others will have some insight and can relate to your situation.  

Do you like your work?  Do you like going to the gym even if it is not as much as you think you should?  Do you like watching tv?  You mentioned feeling bad about leaving the puppy to do things for yourself.  What are those things?

I look forward to hearing more from you.  Start working with Session 1!  It'll get you moving on a positive tract.  Take your time, do the work, it's worth the effort!

14 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thank you for the support. it's nice to have someone to talk to that I don't have to pretend I'm happy to.  Everyone I talk to about it looks at me like i have two heads.  I'm embarassed to be so weak in front of people who think I'm this perfect woman with a perfect life. 
honestly not too much makes me happy, it's pretty sad.  i have a 5mnth old puppy, he makes me smile... but mostly stresses me out.  i feel guilty because I don't have enough energy to be a good mom to him.  i dont take him on enough walks everyday.  i don't run with him every morning like i should. I told my husband I didn't think we should get one because I felt I wouldn't be a good enough mom.  he thought the dog might cheer me up. really he just gave me more anxiety and disrupted my life even more.  now i feel guilty to leave him alone at home when i actually want to go do things for myself/
Nothing is really going my way.  I don't know where to find joy. I don't do anything except go to work, come home, watch TV, and then go to bed. My husband isn't very intrested in me.  He doesn't ever compliment me. The very thought of it brings tears to my eyes. I can't help but think to myself "maybe I'm not sexy enough" "maybe I'm too fat"... Trying to find a way for him to want me.  I can't believe I'm telling perfect strangers this. the fact that i have to turn to strangers to talk about this makes me feel even more upset about my lonelyness. sorry for the long rant. I'm a mess.
14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Misso, welcome.  I understand about just getting out of bed because you have to.  However, I've made great strides in working through my depression.  I still have a ways to go, but improvement is improvement.  I think you will find that the sessions here will help you understand more about you.  I would suggest that you take your time and thoroughly work through each one before moving on to the next.  Use all the tools of the program.  Post in the support group and ask the moderators questions when the need arises.

I look forward to your posts and hope you are able to make great strides through this program as well.
Again, welcome

14 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Misso,

Thank you for sharing.  Have you started to work your way through the program?  You will find it to be a big help.  Also, have you ever talked to a counselor about your depression?

What activities still make you happy.  Where do you find joy? 
Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hello. I'm a 27 year old woman who works as a makeup aritst, surrounded by people all day.   It is so exausting to drag myself out of bed each day to put on my 'glamourous' face and start the charade.  I have no reason to be depressed.  I have a life many would dream of having.  I love my job, I love my husband, and my puppy.  I have no idea why I'm so sad, but I really can't deal with it anymore.  I hardly take care of myself anymore ( I used to go to the gym minimum 5 days a week), I only make myself up when I know I have to put on a front for people.  I can't do this anymore.

Reading this thread: