Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

As I Sit Eating Rice-A-Roni...

18 years ago 0 142 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
just dropping in to say hello and welcome. it breaks my heart to hear of others who feel as i have so many times. i have been working with the program and it has been helping keep me postive. so good luck with it!
18 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome just wanted to let you know im another person who pretends everything is ok when really i feel like im dying inside so i can relate.Gabbi.
18 years ago 0 40 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Twilight Tender and welcome to the Support Group. I am not a new member but still relatively new and have completed the first 2 sessions of the program. I am pleased that you have a positive approach to this. Unlike yourself I am not currently attending any therapy groups etc, but I have done in the past, and agree with you that there is something about the "anonymity" of this particular approach that can in fact be quite helpful. In keeping with this positive approach of yours, which all of us depression sufferers doing the program are trying to keep or develop, I was interested in your comment "...I go to sessions...and I act so much better than I am..." I can certainly understamd that situation, but what is a bad thing in one way ie "I cannot tell these people how bad I really feel" does have a positive element to it as you have said "I act so much better than I am." This is really very positive because it means that you ARE able to act in this way on occassion at least, whereas whem we at at our worst we can't even PRETEND that we're OK because we feel so bad. I certainly couldn't when I felt that bad but when I began to get a little better I also found that I could "act" better than I was. I'm probably not explaining this very well but I think this is a helpful sign for you that you can continue to build on so that one day you will act so much better because you ARE so much better. That is certainly my hope for you and of course for myself and all of us doing this program and/or using this Support Group. I hope you will let us all know how things are going as you continue to use this program. Best wishes MRB :)
18 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So I'm new to this and I'm very hopeful right now about it. I want so badly to get over this and become a better me, and it's depressing to think how far I have to go, but good news is help is here in a way I can handle! I go to sessions with people and I act so much better then I am, whereas the anominity of this online method lets me be honest with myself about my issues without the anxiety of talking to some stranger about it.

Reading this thread: