Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Weekend Prep!

16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wildcat, Great effort seeing the positive side of things. Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice switch from negative to positive thinking, Wildcat!! Well done...
16 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
weellll it is for real this weekend and a double dose! My husband is the one who goes with our daughter to her little ones' class and I was going to go to the bain-libre. My husband has an appointment Saturday am and so I am replacing him! :mad: I get to watch my daught squirm about in 1 metre of water and try not to drown. :mad: Then I go home sopping wet for an hour and a half to get my son and keep my promise to him and go back to the pool (and try to get the dripping bathing suit back on and get back into the cholrine super-saturated water. :mad: I know... this is going to be great with the kids. Tiamat will have the time of her life with maman. looklooklook at mmmeee! and my Tigre will want to show me all the new cool stuff; jumping from the 3 metre board, and belly-flopping into 2 metres of water, and... It is just that this week was tough and I am exhausted. Okay, lets challenge this negativity... The physical exercise will make my body feel better. a good stretch will make me feel less lethargic. And it is in water fo I will find that freedom that I so enjoy. I will enjoy myself Like I Always Do In Water! I will be busy so some of the too much thinking from my withdrawl of seroquel will not be sooo heavy in my mind, and I mighht just cut that negative streaming of thoughts by trying to swim a few lenghts with proper stoke techniques. And my husband will have a few moments with his thoughts so he can work off his stress and pass a pleasant evening with me.
16 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi gang, my son starts swim lessons on saturday (as does my daughter with papa). After my son's class is the bain-libre (free swim?). I promised him we would play together then for a special moment just the two of us.
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, As the weekend draws near, don’t forget to pencil in your pleasurable activity for the week. According to some experts, depression is caused by a lack of pleasant activities. What are pleasant activities? Pleasant activities are simply things you like to do. The basic idea is that when people are not depressed, their lives are made up of a wide variety of activities, some pleasant and positive, some unpleasant and negative, and some neutral. According to the theory, in order to be “happy” you need to have at least some positive activities in your life. Also, people stay depressed because they have at least the usual share of unpleasant activities but not enough pleasant activities. One of the solutions to overcoming depression is to try to schedule more positive and pleasant events in your life; this will help to get the balance between pleasant and unpleasant activities closer to what it is for people who aren’t depressed. One of your most important jobs in this program is to take the risk of actually testing some of your predictions about what will happen if you try to do something pleasant or pleasurable. Because any experiment can go wrong, we’ll want you to repeat some experiments to see what happens each time. You don’t have to believe that you’ll enjoy the activity; you just have to be willing to try and see what happens. Think of yourself as a scientist who is performing experiments on your moods. If you’re having some trouble coming up with some activities, here’s a list of some simple activities to get you started: Going to a party Going to a religious function Going to the park Going for a drive Playing a musical instrument Making a meal or a snack Skiing Having a beer or glass of wine with friends Visiting with family Bird watching Drinking a cup of tea Meeting someone attractive Trying a new recipe Going to the library Eating a good meal Going to the mall Practicing a martial art Listening to music Playing Frisbee Getting a good sleep Going to a museum Please feel free to share your experiences! Which pleasurable activity yielded a positive experience? Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: