Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,557 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Negative=Positive

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So true. And we can gain a lot by following in the steps of those that went ahead. Learning from someone else's mistakes saves time too. 

Davit.
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I driped porridge along the side of a bowl over the stove, as I poured it, feeling self-critcal.= Negatvie

Postive- I realized that world class chefs just use a cloth to wipe a plate, so they "look" perfect.

I don't have to be perfect, and although others pretend to be, or portray that image, we have to take the same steps, learning at different paces, to get to the end.

12 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Negative: I'm starting to feel really antsy and anxious because I'm obsessing about what my therapist said yesterday. I just feel so overwhelmed and I catch myself thinking about it when I'm just sitting alone. I don't want it to bother me so much but I feel it making my whole body tense. I keep imagining what I'd say to all the people I'm angry with. 

Positive: The therapist just mentioned it. It doesn't mean it's really happening yet. And I will know when to do it when I want to if I'm ever ready. The therapist just mentioned it for me to feed me with a new thought if anything else. It was all just overwhelming because it was something I didn't expect. It's just a thought and I will become more rational as time goes by and I'll become ok with it as I always do with time. 
Negative. I'm having a bad evening.

Positive. It is only as bad as I let it be and tomorrow is another day.

Davit.
Thanks carmieslug and Davit. 
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Way to go, Anerol.  I had similar results with my exposure training on Saturday and I am encouraged by your focus on the positive results of your efforts!

Anerol

Very good. Positive breeds positive.

Davit.
I like this. I usually do this in my journal. I vent and vent and vent all my negative out and then go back and change them into a postitive after I'm done. 

Negative: I just came back from my attempt to drive after yesterday's scary panic attack while I drove. I got anxiety again and I came back right before I started to panic. It felt like I was going to start panicking but I got home before I did. And I only went like 2 houses down. I used to go farther then that before yesterday's incident but today I couldn't... and I just didn't want to drive anymore.

Positive: I attempted even if it was super scary yesterday. I find myself very courageous for even attempting. And I didn't get that same panic attack as yesterday. And I remember those days when I knew I'd never drive again. So I still am and I still attempted and I feel like I still want to try again tomorrow. I still have hope in tomorrow and that is a big deal for me when I compare myself to when I didn't have hope. "Every step, either forward or backward (or in circles) is a learning process." I'm still moving and learning.
Negative: I procrastinate, and found that I wasn't able to use my room humidifier since I don't have a spare, so I've suffered for a few days, since my room is dry as the furnace runs and dries the air.

Postive: I telephoned some stores looking for a replacement filter, and decided on three stores which might have it, so I can go to them tomorrow, when I'm feeling better.

After examining the design of the humidifier, I realized that the unit can run without a filter.  In fact, I don't any value for the filter at all, and could go the season without the filter, probably saving me money, and time shopping for it, as well as reducing any risk of mould accumulating on the filter.

A little procrastination saved me time, money and my health could be better.
Negattive:I'm home with the flu, and nursing mom to health as well, so I can't go out and do stuff.

Positive: Ordered groceries online so I can have staple items including fresh fruit.  Called by contractor this morning, and let him arrive within the hour for an estimate on a renovation, discouraging me from going out and slowing my recovery.  Discussing the renovation with brother, who is usually negative, he seemed more agreeable, even though the work is more than we anticipated.

With less energy, my defenses aren't as strong, so I felt good about this small renovation possibility.

Reading this thread: