Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,545 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Summer time fun!

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Cleo:  Yes, your coping skills will come automatically, mine do but I've been doing it for many years.  The doc and I are hoping the SSRI will help the BP to stay down.  I've had the anxiety for almost 2 yrs. now and it has been hard for the BP.  I've had BP problem since late 40's, so it isn't anything new.  It's been 4 wks. on SSRI but only two wks. full strength - at least the nausea seems to be gone.  Still challenging negative thoughts re: health issues which scare me right now.  My paternal grandmother, her two daughters had strokes in their 60's.  Two died from it and I think that's what is troubling me right now - need to focus on the positives and not think catastrophic thoughts while BP is high.  I'm not their ages and with the new meds. out today, and taking good care of myself, this is positive.

13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny,
Hi!  I  think I may  have to use the coping skills for a long time...maybe they will become automatic...( I think they kind of are  already). I'm glad to hear that you haven't had any panic atacks..your SSRI should be in full mode soon ? I was thinking about my SSRI  recently...for so long I resisted taking anything, and I still hope not be on it forever, but if I have to...I'm ok with that too...I just feel so much better. This from a woman who couldn't even take a tylenol a few years ago without gagging!
Cleo
Cleo:  glad you were able to let it go - and that you found your ring!  good for you.  I'm still having a few anxious moments and although no panic attacks, will be happy when I get feeling like the SSRI is working well.  I still need to use my coping techniques every now and then.

Hi  Samantha,
 I used the questioning  negative thought technique  ...I  asked myself if this was  really something so terrible  that I should go into a panic about,  and I questioned my catistrophic thoughts...I saw that it was not going to be horrible if the ring had truly be lost. Using my new coping skills has allowed me to become less worried...to be less all or nothing in my thinking. I'm also using it in lots of other everyday things...I find I'm easier on myself.. if I make a mistake its ok..I'm learning how to let things go. Its wonderful!
Cleo

13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been letting myself relax this summer and I am really enjoying it.

Red
13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cleo,

Great success story! I am glad to hear you were able to get back to sleep. What specific techniques from the program did you use to get through this moment? What did you learn from this? How will this help you in the future?

Samantha, Health Educator
Oh! I should  have mentioned that I found it on hubby's side of the bed ! The moral though being that even had I not found it..I'd be ok. Calm.
Cleo
  Shari...You are very, very brave! I'm shivering just thinking about it!

Sunny, wow! I'd love to see the Mayan temples.My hubby is away right now hiking the chilkoot Trail..I hope he pans for some gold too ....for me! ha. On a side note, I want to tell everyone about a kind of success story I had last night. Around 3 am I woke up to find my anniversary ring was gone off my finger...Hubby gave it to me a few years back for our 20th. Anyhow,  a few months ago I would have got up, turned the house inside out for it, worried and obsessed about what I could have done with it. ( I know this cause it happened) but last night I shook out the covers a bit, then  said to myself...oh what the heck..its just a ring, and if I've lost it, its gone, so I might as well go back to sleep..which I did. I'm turning into the kind of person I want to be! Relaxing and letting things happen. I hope this makes sense. I attribute it to the program and my celexa.  It feels good.
Cleo
13 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny - ha ha :)  I love archeology too, we have a lot in common, minus the Python :)  Unfortunately, the only archeological digs I go on, are in my cat's litter box.  I apologize in advance for that last statement.  Silly mood.
eeeegads! Shari! hahahahaha   I would not be standing near you.

Reading this thread: