Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Not really a "success" but....

8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks
Thanks.  "Good" thinks are happening (the weight loss)...but some for the wrong reasons (anxiety, not eating from anxiety, etc)
8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Had to come back to this, it really is a success. I really am impressed.

Davit
8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow that is impressive. I went from around 190 to 175 on average and felt much better. At one time I was 230 and felt horrible. But like you, I'm not satisfied. Problem is I can't do much exercise because of my arthritis. Can't even use my exercycle because my feet point out. So that leaves cutting back the food. I think my cat eats more than I do. Exaggeration but not far off. So I better look at the calories in what I am eating. Ten more pounds would get rid of the overhang, spare tire, muffin top. What ever it is called. And it isn't that bad, I just think it is. I might be fighting a battle with genetics, my brother is around 250 and it doesn't bother him.

I'm curious about one thing. You went on metformin even though you were borderline. I think I might be borderline.

Anxiety certainly does exaggerate our thoughts.
I suffer from a terrible body image...along with my terrible anxiety.  At my heaviest, I was about 250 lbs....that was June/July 2013.  I was borderline diabetic, so my doctor put me on metformin.  Since October 2013 (and really bad since January 2014) my anxiety has increased 1000%.  However, in that time span, I have lost 95 lbs (was 155 lbs/70.5 kg yesterday).  I'm sure a lot has to do with my anxiety, a lot has to do with the Metformin, and some has to do with eating better (not great but better), eating less, and exercise.  

When I see people I haven't seen for a while, they are surprised and tell me I look really good.  However, I don't see it myself.  Yes...I can see I have lost weight (I've had to buy almost a total new wardrobe)...but I still feel like a fat, ugly blob.  I've still got lots of jiggly fat on my butt, legs, hips, stomach and arms.  I'm not sure I'll ever see myself as other people do.  I'd like to lose more weight...or maybe gain muscle/get rid of the jiggly fat.  

Anyway...this is just another of the daily struggles I'm dealing with.  If I could just get my anxiety under control, maybe I'd start feeling better about myself and starting to believe what people say.

Reading this thread: