Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,550 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

I did it (and didn´t die :p)

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello people.

I woke up to rain this morning which I want to help get rid of the snow but which I did not want for my hour long drive to the dentist. The dentist is in the next village. I like Loreen, the dentist I go to. Doesn't mean I like going to the dentist. First time I went I still had panic attacks so I went with a safe person who was going there anyway. The rest of the times I have gone by myself. For some reason I don't know yesterday I had dizzy spells and a bit of flare up so I was having trouble walking. By rights I should have had a lot of anticipatory anxiety. In stead I was smiling and saying good thing its not tomorrow. See I never have this happen two days in a row. Besides I could always cancel. There is almost always a way out. Any way it went off without a hitch or a twinge of anxiety. Good timing too, I was there two minutes before my appointment. Some one was leaving just as I entered. No waiting. The drive home was pleasant and I stopped at the grocery store and got stuff to make Pizza. Only partly as a reward. I have a friend coming to shovel out the door to my big green house and I'm making us supper. She is half my age and in better shape than me and I'm a better cook (her words) 
So I cook and she shovels, she usually does the dishes too. Good trade I think.
Is anyone having trouble recognizing the recluse I used to be.
The vet wasn't open today so she will pick up my cats medication too so I don't have to drive back. Hmmmm. Maybe I should make a pie too just to even it out a bit more. (good excuse to have a pie even if it is lent.) 
A year ago I'd be sitting here a quivering bowl of jelly instead of enjoying a cup of tea and telling my friends here.
It does get better with time. My next exposure may be a three hour drive to the airport by myself. You know ten years ago I would have done all this stuff without even a thought.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hugs4u:  check it out over there. :)  Sunny
13 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny,
I'm paraphrasing my struggle in "mods corner" to Red, in "I did it and didn't die". 

My fingers are  talking to my brain, again;)
Sunny,
My question is how much do you give of yourself?  How much do take? 
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Hegs4u you're doing just fine, just keep on stepping forward at your own speed, no one here to bother you with that.  We're all working at our own speed here, supporting one another on our healing journey to wellness.  We are supporting one another along the way, so hold on to our hands as we all walk together.

Your friend, Sunny
Tiana,
Sometimes I move so slowly, some people just laugh, wondering if I moved any slower, I'd be going backwards....like the Nassau shuffle...two steps forward, one step back...but that's my "emotional timetable"....and its the best I can do...
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
~m, you are the one doing the great work, but I/we will accept partial responsibility for asking questions and pushing you towards the success of which I/we know you are capable!  But even then, it's you that comes to the site, having the motivation and determination to want better for yourself and the strength to keep at it. Pat yourself on the back a few times please!

Hugs, thanks for sharing your success story. Must make you feel good to have accomplished that. Remember that moving forward to give you strength.

Tiana, Health Educator
I had to get some help  gardening,so I had to go to local event to find the contact.  She wasn't there.

As I drove away, I convinced myself I could ask someone at the event if they knew her, or maybe they knew someone who knew her.

I returned with someone who would contact her, if I could just email him.

I was able to return, despite my trying to escape, and it might work out, and it might not.

I made the most of the situation, and didn't die doing it.

If it doens't kill you, it will make you stronger!
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

~M,

Congratulations!! Good work and a great post!!!

I like this one too...

I did it and I didn't die..I enjoyed myself.  Unbelievable!!!

Red
13 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
To what do I attribute my success???

No question, it is being here... working through the lessons... and being supported so wonderfully by the health educators and fellow members.  You all have been so patient with me... so forthcoming with information... so honest about your own struggles... and, of course, I cannot forget to mention all those very annoying questions you ask when I just want answers handed to me on a silver platter.  I mean, sheeeesh! you all make me think so hard and be aware of what I'm feeling and then not only expect me to think and feel, but actually behave differently!    What can I say?  It's all ur fault.

Reading this thread: