Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Take my hand?

7 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Ali baba,

Thank you for posting. Welcome to the program. Have you had  a chance to check it out yet?

I can tell by your language that you have already done a lot of work on your anxiety.  What have you learned so far in your journey that has been helpful?

Ashley, Health Educator
7 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi.  Wish we could be meeting under other circumstances.  I know you are hurting in some way, I am too.  I am a 41 year old woman, married with 4 children ages 5-12 (3 older boys, 1 girl).  I am an evangelical Christian.  I have a wonderful mom and dad and sister... my father and sister both deal with depression/anxiety.  The first time I went down with panic was in winter 2012.  I had no idea what was wrong. I thought I had cancer because of the nausea and diarrhea and subsequent weight loss.  I am about 5'5" and I usually weigh in at about 135#, but when I want down back then I dropped 20# in about 4-5 week.  Not the weight loss plan I would recommend.  Got a couple of tests run and ruled out cancer which left only mental illness.  I resisted meds for a while, but when I could not stop waking each morning at about 3:30-4 a.m. to rolling panic attacks and things were simply not improving, I started on sertraline.  When I hit 50 mg (about 1 month into taking the meds) I stopped vomiting every morning and was able to begin healing up a devastated body and mind and soul.  That has been 4 years ago and I have been on the meds every since.  Same dosage.  It does not completely eliminate my panic - I do not want something to do that because, as hellish (and it *is* hell) as it is to experience this nightmare - but I have only had 1 other lengthy bout and it was only a week.  I can say "only  week" now... because it was about 18 months ago and time has snapped back into a reasonable shape.  I have been in this current episode since Saturday and MY GOD!  WILL IT EVER END!!??!  I did increase my dosage of sertraline to 75 mg last night... and I am feeling a bit better at the moment, but both in the good and in the bad we can only live one minute and one breath... but man, does my brain want to imagine catastrophe.  At least this time around I feel confident I am not dying, I just sort of which I would since the symptoms and the terror are so very intense.  Previously I have had my panic turn me into a serious hypochondriac - you name it, I am have been sure it was there.

So, I want to connect here... both to hear from others who can say, with certainty, "Shaking SUCKS!  It makes me feel so weak!" and other things only Panic Heroes would know... and I want to walk with those same folks.  We are not going to be able to do this if we think we are alone - and this illness makes us want to believe that... that we are isolated from the world... but we are not.  I am here.  Standing in the valley for now... looking for the light and continuing to walk.  Take my hand?

Reading this thread: