Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Hi, there.

9 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Drea13,

Welcome to the site. I am sorry to hear about your panic attack but I am glad you found us.

Have you had a chance to check out the program? I encourage you to get start asap. If you have any questions let us know. The section on Relaxation techniques would be a good place to start. Box breathing can be really helpful while having a panic attack. Also, remind yourself that most panic attacks last no longer then 20 minutes.

How are you doing today?

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs, for Gods sake don't lift the tires, roll them up a plank into the car even if you have to go buy one.

Davit.
9 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
drea, Homework is part of this program. I learned to reduce my fear of driving with practise. Similarly, a fear of death can be eliminated with volunteer work in a hospital, eventually getting to a hospice. A friend says she was helped by her faith, and her experience in the hospice. Society hides us from death, but it happens often in hospitals, although we rarely see it in the newspaper, comparedly. I'm dealing with another fear: changing my winter tires, and damage to my back. So I've practised daily, with pushing a tire the length of the back yard, until, I can get to the garage to the car, to load them for the dealer to do the rest. I'm hurting a bit every day, but getting stronger so I can do the whole thing of loading 4 tires, with minimal pain, some day soon. Good luck.
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
drea

Welcome. 

There is nothing that can change a fear of death but CBT can stop it from causing panic attacks and make it just a fact and not a fear.  We all are going to die but unless you are going to kill yourself you can't know when. Best to do the program and enjoy how ever much time life gives you. When you die you won't remember if you missed out on anything anyway. CBT will make it possible to stop the panic attacks. There is where it does work. I'm old, I have more reason to fear death than you but I don't.

Davit
9 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello. I am twenty years old and i have been experiencing panic attacks for as long as i can remember, even as a child. The panic attacks stem from an intense fear of death. Luckily, i don't have attacks as often as i used to. I can go months without an attack or i can have multiple in one month. The reason i am on this site now is because I just experienced a panaoc attack. It was the worst one I've had in a long time. I did a search for panic attack support groups and found this site. I guess I'm just trying to find out that im not alone and see how others deal. I do not want to have to take medication so, i am looking at how other people deal with anxiety and panic attacks without medication. 

Reading this thread: