Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Hello, my name is Maura and I am new.

10 years ago 0 11221 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Maura,

Socail and performance anxiety is quite common and I think most people if not everyone has struggled with many of the fears you have listed below. The problem is when this fear is constant and is preventing you from living a fulfilled life. This program can certainly help you but you first have to understand that your anxiety does not define you. Just because it has always been there does not mean it is meant to be there. We can help you to change it. It will take time but with some hard work and reflection you will get there.

I look forward to sharing this journey with you!

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The internet gives you two things. Control being the biggest but the other is that you do it because you want to, not because you have to. That is the key to recovery and freedom.

Davit
10 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Maura and Maggee

I can kinda relate to some. I don't really like being around people it makes me anxous. But something that helped me a lot was making friends online and slowly (years wise) worked my way up to video chatting with my best friend of 4 years now. I think its little steps. 

Good Luck with CBT

10 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Maura,welcome.My name here is Maggee and I am kinda new too. I can relate to many of your symptoms,whew. I have ibs,I am having issues with stomach pain,and not feeling tip top today.I then have panic attacks,with dizzy,cold,fearful,and angry,that here I go again. WHEW!
10 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello. I am just beginning the program. I suffer from social and performance anxiety. I have experienced these problems for 20 years. They never go away completely, but some times are better and others worse. Having stability, meaningful work and a few well liked aquaintences helps (I've given up on having real personal friendships, even at the best of times.) It's unfortunate because I actually like people a great deal, and when I am not feeling fearful I am easy to entertain and please. I'm not disdainful, I'm just afraid.  At my worst I feel anxiety about and avoid everyday, necessary tasks like checking my e-mail and social media, making phone calls, ordering food, shopping, paying bills, returning library books, watering my patio garden, going to work, and even leaving the house at all. During bad times it's not uncommon for me to have panic attacks and feel like something is badly wrong with my physical health. I also get depressed during periods when my anxiety is bad, although it's really incidental; I'm always anxious, I'm not always depressed . When it is bad, as it is right now, doing truly important and impactful things like finishing my degree, asking for references, networking, or going on a job interview feel impossible. It is worse because my loved ones are counting on me to do these things, I badly want to be an asset to my family, not a burden. I am a cynic about curing my condition because it feels like the only reliable constant. It's almost always been. But I will try be hopeful as I begin this program. My goal is not to be the life of the metaphorical party, but maybe to go to it, chat with a few people, and come back feeling pretty good.

Reading this thread: