Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

just got agitated!

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Minn!

Good for you! Sometimes we just need a fresh start!
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you minnesota. It seems like you've made the right decision, you have decided to start fresh and move on.
We're here for you if you need us,

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi gang, I decided to put my old work place and the people behind me, and move forward, If I see them out and about i'll greet them and say hi, but i'm not going to email or call.  It just makes me more anxious, good luck to everyone there, but its time for me to move on.
15 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Minnesota,

You've come to the right place to express your feeling and it sounds like you've taken some great action to deal with them.

Keep focusing on you and your work and don't worry to much about that of others.

Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Minnessota,

I totally agree with CD. That person is just not worth it! I have had people like that in my life and I know it is hard to let go of. But once I realised: "who cares about people like that!" I just felt much freer. So yeah as CD said: She is not worth it You are!"

-Diva
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Im here Minnie and heres a hug  . Well i think Mom of 3 put it very well indeed . Sorry to hear this espically as you are doing very well at the mo . I guess there are ust some people out there who are best left alone for your own sanity . Try not to brood over her , she is so not worth it YOU are . Easy said i know ! But i do try now . Chin up chuck i am here
thanks mom of 3, i went out for a bike ride, and burnt off the frustration.  I feel better now. thanks for your post. It was very helpful.
15 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Minnesota,

You have the right to be angry about the way you were treated.  You don't have to share in everyone else's opinions either. 
But you do need to do something with your anger, you can let it go if you want, you can choose to respond with a truthful "that doesn'e sound like the person I know"  Or you can send another pointed e-mail to this person and let her know what you think and feel and how her lack of response made you feel.  It's up to you, but you don't keep it inside!

Regardless of how she appears now, if she's really that cold it will become evident to others in time.  But if there's something you two need to work out, contacting her is the only way to settle it.  It depends on how big of an issue it is to you.

Hang in there,
Mom of 3
hey CD where are you? are you OK?
HI everyone,  I got all aggravated and annoyed when an ex coworker emailed me.  He's a nice guy and all, but he started going on about my ex supervisor who left, and how she is so excited about her new job and they all went for drinks and other ex employees were invited, and the good time they had.  I read it and I got all agitated.  I worked so hard for that woman(the ex supervisor), and when I had to leave, she was horrible to me, and pretty much slammed the phone down on me when I told her I had to quit.  She never contacted me again, and I emailed her a few times, and she never responded.  My hubby was in the store about a week or two ago, and he said "Becky says HI". She never once emailed me back, and now all these employees are out on the town, and everyone is raving about her, but  I feel that I was hurt by her.  I know its in the past, but it just got me worked up, when i'm feeling good about things.   I just feel I can vent in here, my hubby would say "let it go hon".!!!

Reading this thread: