Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Spring has sprung(almost)

10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit, I can see that. There's this greed we have, which writer Huston Smith describes in "The Religions of Man", which is an insatiable apetite, after we have enough. I've been so sore, that I collapse in bed after a day, with some frozen shoulder, and my back is recovering from shovelling. That doesn't leave much time for meditating on the good things, and there are a lot. I can't believe what I've done with cooking a software log which helps me plan meals! Maybe what I like is that it's hard to feel criticized by software, versus a person, and there's no cost, and I can pace myself? Then again, my hands are sore from typing, but I'm finding shortcuts.
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs

Do you think you might be worrying too much about what you don't get done instead of enjoying what you do get done.

This morning I have to melt snow so I can prime my water pump. I put an overhaul kit in it and had to drain it first. Getting it going again can be a bit time consuming. Melting snow takes time so I started all my tomato and pepper seeds.
I will start the watermelon and cucumber seeds too in between doing other things. Also starting fifty Valerian.
Next week I start 300 marigolds to spread all through the garden. Then cantaloupe pumpkins and squash.
Then cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli. The rest gets sown in the garden in May. Potatoes go in next month some time.
All of this gets done among the other things. How? I just do it and don't think about it. Some days are long. 
Tulips will be coming up soon. 

My philosophy is just do what you can, when you can.

Davit
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What scares me about spring, is the brightness of the sun, and desire to do so many things, leaving me indecisive. Getting older makes me realize I need to make choices, or nothing gets done, if I just sit on a fence. How do others feel about spring?

Reading this thread: