Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

My cat

15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Sheba,

Thank you for your support. Hugs to you too and thank you again it means a lot to me!

Hello Rose,

Thanks so much for dropping in to give me support. It means a lot. As for adopting a little Kitty, I do not feel ready. Plus, I still have two other big Kitties who need my attention and care atm. For now, our family will remain what it is. But if I ever do take in a little one, I will definetely get him/her at the humane society!

Hiya Faryal,
Well, I have been exhausted and I mean sleeping 12-14 hours a day exhausted for a few days. I find myself having crying fits here and there. I miss Oscar terribly. But I have been endeavouring to squeeze every little bit of happiness out of everyday as much as I could. Oscar would like that. He was such a happy cat. I spent a lot of time with my husband who has been incredibly sweet to me. We have called a truce lately. It has been nice. He is very supportive of me lately. He stil plays a gazillion hours of video games everyday but he manages to give me attention and take care of me, so it is less annoying. I had a relapse on Sunday and felt the need to carry Oscar's urn to bed. I was panikcing and crying and my husband said it was ok. He said we will go shopping for a locket tomorrow to keep a picture of Oscar close to me all the time. It really hits me hard sometimes. But I did want to say that I have also had good moments and am forseeing that I will be ok. I will post in the my latest success threads about this later.

Thank you again all for your support. It really mean a lot.
15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva,   Hope September has brought more happy moments for you so far.   Adopting a little kitty sounds like great advice.........what do you think?   Faryal, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 142 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hello
sorry about your Oscar- i have 4 of my own now - have lost many in the past. They're such sweet creatures (when they don't have a bird in their mouths)! Adopt a kitty or 2 from the humane society. My baby (Jimi) was one of 18 kittens taped in a box and thrown over the fence at my local humane society. He's the sweetest little guy! Wakes me up every morning by sitting on my chest, staring at me and purring. No one can replace Oscar, but there are so many more that need loving homes. Good luck.
15 years ago 0 185 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva! I'm so sorry to read about Oscar.... I was off Internet for the last month but kept thinking of you and your friend.
I know like you feel... Every time I go back to my dogs and Puffy isn't there to say hello... But hen I remember her and I remember how sick she was and I also remember every moment we spent toghether. I know that she will be for ever with me and so does Oscar. And when you will feel like to open your hart to another feline friend Oscar can teach him trough you what means to enjoy life and to have such a great human friend like you.
I know that it is only a virtual one but I give you a really big hug!
15 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva ,
I'm so glad that you're getting over your doldrums .  As you said Oscar would not want you moping .I'm a cat lover and have five "Buddies" at the moment. I know how it feels when one moves to that perfect cat world beyond.

I still have cherished memory moments of those that have moved on.

Take care. Things will get better.

Hello Gals,

Thank you for your lovely replies! I can't write too much today, gotta log off real soon but I will keep you posted!
15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
diva,

I love the images you used to describe your mood!!!!!
the ditch, the bridge, the dust.  WOW

Leaves in the fall sunrays.  there is really a sense of forward motion and if passing time. 

Turely beautiful words  thank you!
15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

That was really good to read!  It takes time to get there but you're definately moving in the right direction!

Hiya Mom of 3,

Thank you for caring and thank you for your support! I so appreciate it. It helps me so much.

Hello DJ, Thank you so much for taking time to reply to me. Your support means the world to me.

Today I am hmm I don't know how to put it. I woke up and felt like: "Ok, this is the day I pick myself up and dust myself off." I know there will still be hard days ahead. I know there will still be grief and sadness. I know I will still miss him. But I also know that is is ok for me to be ok. That it is ok for me to let happiness into my life. I decided I was getting back up and starting to walk forward again. Up to now it felt like I was laying sad and broken in a dank, dirty ditch somewhere. Now I am still sad and fragile but I am up and standing on the road and hoping for some sunlight!

I am not honoring Oscar's memory one bit by being a sad sop! He was a mellow, happy go lucky, life-loving cat. Everyone loved him for it too. The vet's sent me a card for his passing. The vet people loved him, they often commented on how great and happy he was. I am sure that over the rainbow bridge he is still happy and making the best of every moment, hunting leaves and sleeping in sunrays.

So it is high time I decide to learn from him. I am still grieving and still sad and I still miss him And that is ok. But I will try and make the most of my days and that is ok too. I am exhausted and a bit out of whacked but feeling determined. So that is me today.
15 years ago 0 82 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva

I know what you meen about being sick of life . But hang in their ! theirs got tobe somthing out their (,feel better soon)

Reading this thread: