Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Exposure Success Story

13 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Jason,  Here is my one golden tip...It's not the actual situation (salamanders, bridges, and all fears and phobias), it's how you look at it, that has to change.  How you look at it dictates how you feel.  That is it, in a nutshell.

13 years ago 0 223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shari,

Great to hear about all your success.  Truly inspirational.

Please keep sharing your stories as I know that many members are benefiting from your courage and hard work.

I know I have already asked you this but what is one golden tip you can share with the group?

Would love to hear it.

Have a great weekend.

Jason, Bilingual Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yay Shari!  I'm feeling the happiness and joy!  Way to go!  So happy for you.  Wish we could all get together and have a coffee and a natter.  (chin wag).
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shari,
I'm so glad to hear that you had a great day! And being able to cross that bridge without anxiety! wow! I'm jealous..you've come so far in such a short time! You should be very proud and happy with yourself!
Cleo
Along with getting rid of my salamander phobia, I can add bridges to that list.  My daughter wanted to go on an adventure with me since she's leaving for college in the morning.  I like to plan things out, but decided to just be spontaneous.  We ended up in Solomon's Island.  There is only one road in and one road out and it was rush hour traffic.  I was able to remain calm.  We then approached a really tall, long bridge over water.  It had really low rails, but the view was absolutely beautiful.  Sparkling blue water and lots of people having fun in their boats.  I've been working on bridges as exposure work and it is no longer an issue.  One more anxiety to cross off the list.  Being by the water, they have wonderful seafood restaurants, but because of a recent tuition payment, we ate at a fast food restaurant.  We went to a pet store afterward and chatted with the ladies there.  We mentioned we just ate and they asked where.  We said fast food and they said, "You came all the way out here and didn't eat at a seafood restaurant?"  I said, "Well, we both got fish sandwiches."  And, the lady in the back popped up her head and said, "You did not just say that."  We all started laughing.  It was probably one of those "you had to be there" moments, but we had fun.  We stopped off at another town to a book store.  I found a great Archeology magazine with a favorite subject, "Dogs In The Ancient World".  We went to our local coffee house and had fun and talked and laughed.  It was truly a great day.
Thanks Sunny, It's good to see you in your avatar.  Your friend, Shari
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shari:  you did well.  even if you did take a step back, it's o.k.  You know so much more now about this disorder that it wouldn't last long.  You have coping techniques in place now to help you.  You know what to do and are practicing it well.  Way to go.
I almost didn't post the Jitter bug story, but now I'm glad I did.  I'm glad it gave a happy memory to Davit.  I'm glad to find out from Cleo that this is normal.  And, Red, your words touched my heart and I had tears of relief from your encouragement.  I didn't look at my situation as you did.  I thought maybe I was at a stand still or heaven forbid was going backward a bit.  I'm going to soak up your words and carry them with me today.  I'm going to put your words on my refrigerator as a reminder to keep going forward.  Thank you my forever friends!
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit  and  Shari,

By the way justed  I wanted to let you know I love you new pic's.  Its so nice to see you.

Well,  I got to sign off for now and get some sleep.  I was up till 2 am last.

Good night everyone, see you all tomarrow,  You all have a good night.

Friends Forever,

Red
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shari,
This is great. You took your nervousness and turned it into a positive and got some things done.  You are doing great.  You are winning.

Red

Reading this thread: