Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

7th month anniversary today

9 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eggshells, Congrats. Your ability to look at yourself optimistically is admirable. I feel I'm crawling a the bottom of a pit, as I embrace the grief over the loss of my dear mom. What I forgot was that just because we may be down, doesn't mean there isn't energy to give, paradoxically. We all have challenges, don't we?
9 years ago 0 219 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just dropping in to say Hi to everyone and let you know no medications changes today at my Doctor visit. I am very thankful for that alone. I'm waiting on incision to heal on my leg where they removed the cancer two weeks ago today. I ended up with a slight infection in it, but its looks much better now.

In a little over 2 months it will be a year since I joined here and I am still thankful for this site and the group of wonderful people on the forum whom helped me get through some rough times. My journey is still ongoing and days vary, but so much better than the first couple of months.

9 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Makes perfect sense to me. We are all a work in process. Feeling anxious sometimes is normal - it controlling your life is not. I also think many (if not all of us) have trouble with assertiveness You are working on it and succeeding though. You are already ahead of the game! 

Ashley, Health Educator
Thank you Ashley,

It feels really good. My journey isn't over yet. I still have room for improvement. I still experience some anxiety, but I have control over it thus far. I'm still working on learning and being more assertive(this seems to be challenging me) so I am always trying when I feel someone is using my people pleasing personality to their advantage and not my own. I am a changed person, but I'm still me and I like me more now if that makes sense. 
9 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations JayDee!

Thank you for sharing your success with us. It has been a pleasure watching your journey. You are one strong individual! 

How does it feel to take control of your anxiety?

Ashley, Health Educator
Hugs and Red,

Thank you both. I'm looking forward to my 1 year anniversary here. Lets see what positive strides we can all make in the next few months.

9 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations JayDee!:)))......Red.....
9 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats JD!
Indeed Davit,

Do I get to say I'm recovered now? Laughing out Loud! I still have more work to do on myself.

CBT does work and it is great to have the support of so many people in this forum. It feels like my very own support group. I am very grateful for all of you here.

I will continue to use the techniques I have learned here over and over again. If I have a setback, everyone here will be the first to know. ;)

9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Time flies when you are having fun. Sorry, bad joke but life is a lot smoother and a lot more fun without the panic attacks.

Congratulations. I can only see it getting better and I am so happy for you.  I'm happy for anyone who sticks it out and recovers. You, me, others, we did it. Not many things work like they are supposed to, but this does.

Davit.

Reading this thread: