Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Headaches and Anxiety

14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello all,
I also use some menthol-ly patches called Salonpas on my shoulders when they are tense. Even sniffing a bit of it makes me feel a little better sometimes. I also listen to relaxing music when I have trouble sleeping. Almost always, I write down everything that I'm feeling in my journal when I have an attack and when I remember, I write myself back that I'm doing ok, etc. My cat keeps me sane too but when it gets really bad, I come on this site. I've started doing yoga lately and most of the time it feels really good. There's a pose where you sit straight, legs crossed, eyes closed and you just let your head down and relax, relaxing your face. After breathing few breaths, you move your head to one side and feel the stretch on the opposite shoulder, and then reverse. Stretching always feels good to me. 

14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone.

AmJ: If you knew the path way that your sinus use to vent you could put heat on it to take the pressure off. I think it is the change in barometric pressure when it rains that causes sinus headaches.

Here is another for your collection. Vitamin C acts as a carrier to get Tylenol into your system faster. Some times when Tylenol doesn't work taking it with vitamin C will.

The caffeine in tea is a carrier also.

Davit.
14 years ago 0 50 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone,

Hot tea sounds wonderful! I am definetly taking note of all the remedies to help. Unfortunately I get really bad sinus headaches when it rains alot and there is not a whole lot that eases them usually. I plan on using the suggestions to at least make myself comfortable while I wait. I appreciate everyones help :)
14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello,

I forgot to mention if it is a mild headache I will take a tylenol and have a strong cup of hot tea.  The hot tea seems to boost the pain medication and works very quickly to rid myself of a mild headache.  I hope this helps.

Red
14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello,

To get rid of tension I find it helpful to read, or get out and do a little work in the garden.  If it is a migraine headache than that is a different story.  I go lay down in a dark quite room shut my eyes and try to relax all my muscles until the headache subsides if that doesn't work I will take a tylenol or as a last resort a pain pill and a muscle relaxer. A hot shower is worth a try before resorting to taking meds.

Red
14 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone

I hold all my anxiety tension in my neck and shoulders and as you know it can be very painful,  I find bringing my shoulders up and tensing them releases it abit and rotating my head I do this at night time before I go to bed.  I didn't realise until I started paying attention to it that even when I was out and about the more tense I got the more I hunched my shoulders so I try to notice when it starts and try to correct my posture  I find even the simple movement of lifting my head up made me feel more positive I didn't realise I had been looking down so much.  I used to suffer really bad with night-time anxiety and when it got really bad I got out of bed went downstairs and started running on the spot to burn the adrenaline off sometimes I ended up laughing at the lengths I was going to, to get a nights sleep, then I put on relaxing music to listen to as I go back to sleep.  This was a while ago I think the exercising was a distraction which helped me get my thoughts back on track I'm doing ok now but if I do have the ocassional sleepless nights I get up and have a cup of camomile and do a crossword for a while.  Someone suggested audio books to me and I got a few downloads of the internet which I would listen to before I would go to sleep maybe listening to someone else stops you listening to the chatterbox in your head.

Hope this helps
14 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning Everyone,

I use my hot packs and then have a nice relaxing hot bath followed by some herb tea. I also drink some warm milk and practise my breathing while i am doing all this.I am also trying really hard to think about where my thoughts are taking me and if i get off track i write it all down . Have a great daybold
14 years ago 0 224 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello AmJ,

Glad to see that you thought of coming on here to write about your attack as it was happening. Being aware of what is going on can help you get more control over the situation.

I like the ideas of how you get rid of tension Davit, members what do you find helpful to get rid of tension? Please share your ideas with us.

Luciana, Bilingual Health Educator
14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
AmJ

Tiger balm is available almost anywhere. I get it in the grocery store. IGA. White flower from a pharmacy or health food store.  Tiger balm white doesn't work as good as red.  If you have someone to help. Massaging the temples helps. Also if you can do hot / cold packs alternating on your neck they will work better. Starting and ending with a hot pack. Hot ,cold ,hot,cold hot , etc.

I have wrote down two panic attacks as they happened. One in the main post and one just recently in my blog. You will notice I now have a good control on them even though I still have them. Considering that I have just told my last known living relative to stay out of my face I am doing pretty good. I now am truly alone except for my cats and a few friends.

Davit.
14 years ago 0 50 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Where would I be able to get the balm? Is it sold in specialty stores. I am going to try the hot pack tonight. Thanks. To be honest I don't know if writing  just distracts the symptoms but it is a great way to cope while going thru an attack. I started writing and became so into it that I forgot to worry about my heart rate or my disillusionment. There were still some lingering feelings and thoughts when I finished but I was able to do some breathing and move on. I have found that lately I am not anticipating the next attack so much. Distraction or not being on this site and writing helps. Thanks

Reading this thread: