Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Quote of the Day Part Two

11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marketing from companies hiring Phd's who have researched how to make us think we need their stuff, instead of being happy with what we have.
11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Then where does it come from?

Davit
The Creator has not given you a longing to do that which you have no ability to do.
- Orison Swett Marden

Hi hugs.

The bran in whole wheat cuts the gluten strands so commercial bread has it ground fine. If and that is seldom I use whole wheat I grind it in the blender finer. I use more molasses and more yeast. (I buy it bulk in the jar.)
I prefer Rogers best for bread multigrain flour. I like to add sunflower seeds also. Also chopped peanuts is good. Just enough to know they are there. 

Fresh ground hard red wheat has a nutty taste. Store bought has the wheat germ already going rancid so most has it removed first. I have grown wheat and hand ground it. It is delicious but not worth the work. I was younger then. Back in the days when I had milk goats and made real yogurt and yogurt cheese. Back when I could get organic wheat for me and my animals.

Back when my anxiety was just that and didn't turn to panic attacks. I think busy and all the exercise helped. Now I'm just busy.

Looking forward to sitting on the deck before the mosquitoes get here. Looking forward to sitting in the garden weeding. I want to see what survived the winter and what I have to replant. Without snow cover (in the green house) My Lemon Balm sometimes doesn't make it.

Looking forward to fresh Asparagus. So much to look forward too. 

I don't think bread is as fattening as what is put on it, same with potatoes. I make bread often which tells you how much we eat. I do enjoy it fresh from the oven.

Davit.
Some defeats are only installments to victory.
- Jacob Riis

I didn't know about the use of salt.  I must have ate almost all of the buns, they were so good, though.  I'll make something with whole wheat though, since it's better for us.
Hi hugs

More so than we realize, both the minds capability and bread. I use a kitchen aid mixer, I have it almost wore out. Time for a new one.

Brioche. Now that is comfort food but to much butter and sugar for every day use. So usually it is multigrain or french. I love real donuts but that is a once a year treat. Fresh out of the deep fryer. 

I like clover leaf buns. Peel off the sections hot, yum. Oh and real croissants or real bagels. If you can make bread you can make bagels. Real bagels, not those dry store things. The flavours, poppy seed, onion, cheese.

I could get fat just thinking about it.

Davit.

Ps, did you know salt is for texture not so much as flavour. It slows down the yeast and makes smaller pockets.
Davit,

The mind "is" that powerful, isn't it?

I finally made some fresh bread buns, using a breadmaker.  There's something about fresh bread that makes it the comfort food we all apreciate
And don't we like to be right.

Hi hugs

Fresh apple pie and coffee, not the best way to start the day, but who cares.

Davit
Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right!
- Henry Ford

Just as everyone has talents so do they have weaknesses.  Most people ignore them. 
Do not look at the imperfections, they belong there. They add character in both wood and people. I like wrinkled faces even though I would not want one. (going to get one anyway) And the calm of simple people without pressures to influence them.
As Popeye said "I yam what I yam".

Davit.

Reading this thread: