Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Working on exposure

13 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great job on the progress. I think support helps so much!
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just had an ex neighbour stop in on his way through. I haven't seen him since my bad old days and like so many others they are amazed at the change. I'm still working on burying negative and changing negative core beliefs and may be doing that for a long time, but I know what to do so it is no harder than doing the dishes, but just like dishes it is a matter of just doing it. We may not be able to clean it all up but my life is liveable and I like it and I like me and that is half the battle right there. Believing is the other half.
I want to thank all of you. Not only have you been a big help but you have been the reason for me to try. And I will never quit trying.

Here for you.
Davit.
13 years ago 0 122 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Davit,

I wanted to tell you that your post made my day! I'm so happy things are better
for you now as you had a ruff go of it earlier in the year.  Keep posting the good
and the sometimes hard stuff as we are all learning right along with you!
All my best.

sweatbee
13 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Very proud of you and your progress!

Posting this is helping many others as well as yourself!

Your support in very valuable to us all!

Josie, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Even those of us that are advanced can still have trouble with exposure. Like today. There is one store that I have to go to because what I need I can only get there,and I don't like the store so I stock up. Well today was the day to go but I was thinking of reasons to put it off. You know how that is hey! Well I went. (feel the sadness and negativity in those three words). I joked with the cashier and people in the line up and all went well, not even a flutter. And I knew there wouldn't be but I had had a less than good experience with a male nurse at the hospital (a place I am quite comfortable) I was tired and the hot chocolate (caffeine) wasn't helping. I had a case of the "what ifs" that was not justifiable. But as I pulled into the parking lot I was already saying "what is the big deal" and as I went through the doors it was more like coming home than going shopping. As I was leaving the parking lot I was thinking why was this ever a big deal. But it was a very big deal not that long ago. All my dominoes are falling over one at a time as I knew they would but still it is a good feeling to see it actually happen.
I hope soon you can all join me in this feeling. Such peace, there is no word for how good this feels.

A very euphoric
Davit
13 years ago 0 122 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Thank you everyone for your wonderful replies!!! I'm glad
I can give people hope as I have gotten so much from this forum
in helping me with my panic and anxiety! shari I don't mind you
calling me sweetbee as I answer to anything!LOL  My hubby
gave me my name sweatbee because he says that I'm like one
(not big enough to hurt anyone, just big enough to be a pain in the toot!LOL).

samantha: I have been using the program and I am finding session 4
on exposure is very helpful, I don't always go in order with my exposure
list but if I can fit something in that will help build my confidence I try
to do it, and yes if I have the panic feelings I do it anyway! I think now
I can tell when I start an exposure if it's to much for me or not to do
and I always give myself the ok to stop at anytime, that takes the
pressure off.  My best to all.

sweatbee

13 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sweatbee -

Great job! I agree with SIM, it is so motivating to read about your success with exposure - it gives me hope. Definitely reward yourself for a job well done.

Teebs
13 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sweatbee,

You are such a nice person.  I've been misreading your username.  I always think of you as Sweetbee.
13 years ago 0 124 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great work sweatbee, I love reading these types of stories. They are really positive and motivating! Everyone, keep them coming..

SIM
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Sweatbee,

Congratulations on your success with going to the baby shower and going shopping for flowers. You idea of doing exposure as a way to work up to having a good time at the upcoming wedding is a great idea.  I also find it helpful to work my way up to larger exposures.  You are doing great.  Remember to reward yourself in some way.  You definitely deserve it for all of your hard work and effort.

Red

Reading this thread: