Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

Celexa

14 years ago 0 192 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Davit:  just read your post, you say you have decided to drop the Celexa.  Glad to hear your leg is feeling much better. We must have been typing at the same time. lol
Just got back from visiting my mum and decorating her room for Christmas. 
Hey, you know I totally forgot I had RLS too before.  It's pretty well gone now...don't remember when I had it last.  Seems to me what the doc said was it can be more than just your leg that can get restless at different times.  I know it drove me nuts when I went to bed and couldn't lie still.  It was always my left leg. My doctor had RLS too and he prescribed clonazepam but just 1/2 a tablet, before bed, but not every night, just as needed.  I forget the dosage amt. though.  Anyway, I guess there is hope because mine is gone now. 
I sure hope your leg gets better soon.  Sounds like you are going through a lot right now.  Too bad gravol makes you so drowsy, hopefully you won't need it as side effects go away.  Nowadays when I'm going through a lot, such as when my friend died, I take it real easy.  If you remember my past posts I was worried about all the extra activity going on during the holiday season and how I knew I'd better be faithful to my meditation, relaxation and breathing exercises.  Being overtired and not eating well, skipping meals, that sort of thing are not good for me.  So as you say, nutrition, all the vitamins and minerals are important for our bodies.  I think B vitamins are good for nerves. B12 .  I'm not a food fanatic, but I do eat lots of veggies and chicken and fish, red meat only once or twice a wk. these days.  I haven't bought any lemon balm tea yet (I forgot) but grocery shopping tomorrow, will pick some up. pls. know we are cheering you on.  Keep the faith.
14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JGD84

Looking back through my journal I discovered that it wasn't Cloxacillin I was taking with the Celexa. It was an entirely different anti biotic. I was on so many different things it's hard to keep track and in one hospital I didn't have my computer so some stuff didn't get recorded. The thing is I have traded a little bit of depression in the morning for a whole lot of panic all day. And the side effects are far worse this time around. I have a prescription for valium as a PRN. and we all know what I think of benzo's. I'm going to drop the Celexa and take the Valium on an as needed basis. Last time I did this it was only half a pill every second day and I had a lot more to be depressed about. My leg is much better, I can get around much better so I can stay busy and there is all that baking to do which I can't do on the Celexa. Right now I can't stand the sight or smell of food and I have cravings. I want ice cream so bad. (could I be pregnant). I'll go back to Lemon Balm tea and mint tea if I need more than the two cups of Lemon Balm. I'm quite sensitive to it. It makes me very sleepy If I have more than two cups. And I'll take my own advice, "if you need it take it and get off when you can." I really appreciate your concern.  Reading my other posts, I was doing so good That I'm going to treat this as just a little set back. Just wish it wasn't happening right now. Thank you for the prayers.

Peace
Davit.
14 years ago 0 29 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,

Hang in there!  I've never taken Celexa... how long are you on it?  Everything I read says SSRIs take 2 weeks to begin to kick in and full effect in 4+ weeks.

You seem like such a gentle soul... take it easy... things will pass.  You're in our prayers!
Hi sunny. 

I started a low grade panic about five in the morning, it's one thirty and it's gone now but the nausea and head ache are still there along with restless leg syndrome and some confusion. I do woodwork and it has all gone for pot. Of course that annoys me. I was going through my journal and I had the same problem last time only not as bad and I lost so much weight I had to use suspenders to keep my pants up. I dropped to 159 lbs and still couldn't eat. And all I want to do is sleep. Funny thing is I don't remember feeling this bad but it is all there. The other side effects, dry mouth, metal taste and diarrhoea I can live with but the other four I can't handle especially as I absolutely have to have food with the arthritis pills. If I take gravol for the nausea then I can't go near my tools. I don't think I can do nothing till I get better. Especially since the Restless leg bit never did go away. It was so bad that I walked like a drunken sailor. There was a fair bit of muscle pain too. Now I attribute all of this to a reaction to it and the Cloxacillin. If Colleen isn't getting these side effects then it is the combination of pills. If it continues to get worse I will have to stop it after all I don't need it. I can get by with what I was doing and at this rate it will mess up my plans for Christmas any way. Since the panic starts in my sleep I haven't been able to look for the trigger. At least that would make it worth while.  I think the getting worse when I'm feeling better is the fear of failure which can lead right to failure if allowed to. Reading the posts I would say I'm not the only one. Forgot to use my light this morning so I'd better do that now. I had visitors this morning and I could barely tolerate them. Once again thank you for the concern and I won't let this little set back get to me, If any thing it will make me a stronger more determined person.

Peace
Davit.
14 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi davit
yes i remember you told me to give the celexa time and i did, about 2 weeks and wow what a difference although i am a little depressed yet but at least the anxiety has eased alot and i am eating again.
one day at a time. my hubby will be leaving for a week or two so i will keep the xannax close by just in case, but hopefully i wont tweek out much. lol
i call bad anxiety "tweeking".
i am looking for a job too, at least part time.
keep your chin up. wish we all lived close by so we could keep each other company.
take care
Hi Colleen and Davit:  Hope your side effects are ebbing and gone by Christmas so you can enjoy the season.  I do remember when I took Paxil, I was nauseaus for about 2 wks. and spacy feeling, but that left quickly.  I stuck to it because I was desparate for something to work long term rather than short-term xanax or ativan. Those two meds. are useful for a quick relief of symptoms, but I didn't want to be tempted to take them more often than I needed to - it would have been so easy to do so any time I felt on edge.  Anyway, I'm cheering you guys on.

Davit you wrote something interesting.  You wrote that when you start to physically feel better you start to get depressed.  I wonder why that is, you'd think it would be the opposite.  Is it because when you feel better then you think you need to start to get out and about more, do more, achieve more, that sort of thing?  Do you put more pressure on yourself?  As you say, you wonder if you should stock up while you are well, or do the things you must do in case of relapse.  That's a pressure for you, constantly on your mind.  I suppose it is justified to some extent, if you live alone, you have to take care of yourself.  However, you do have friends, and was wondering if they could help you out if you have a relapse and need something, such as when they did your groceries.  Just wondering.  You gotta have some balance, some stuff you must do and some fun too.  I remember when I was physically weak, I could only do one thing a day and I would plan, grocery shopping, visiting someone, laundry, but do just one a day until I got stronger.  The rest was just puttering about in the house. It made me feel a little depressed - will I ever get better -  it took patience.  Yea, all this weighing the pros and cons of doing this or that is tiresome especially the second guessing.  It got way better for me, so hoping it will for you too.
colleen

Thank you. I was thinking about wimping out and not taking it because I'm not that bad but you know with the stress of the holiday and every thing leading up to it I think I better. I couldn't go shopping because of the nausea etc. so one of my neighbours is doing it for me. I know that tonight is going to be horrible so I'm not thinking about it I got through it last night and I'll get through it tonight and it will just get easier. It's just the conflict between it and the antibiotic. Last time it was IV, this time it's pills which I don't want to stop since I am so much better. So am I to presume that the Celexa is working for you. You got through the first two weeks which if I remember is the worst part. Did the side affects go away. This is a good opportunity for any one reading this to realize that although it starts off horrible I survived it last time and so did you and I will this time too, and we will be better for it. And it will make dealing with the anxiety a lot easier. I have had the flu worse than this I'm sure. So thank you again, I was pretty sure I was not alone but it's nice to hear it. It makes it all worth while.

Davit.
14 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

davit
hope you are feeling better soon! i am on week 3 of celexa and at first i felt terrible, had diareah and nauseated, partly from anxiety but i am feeling better now and am so thankful.
just wanted to say hi and wish you well. you are not alone.
colleen
sunny

Thank you very much for the concern. It is just a reaction to the pill which will go away and I knew it would be there which is why I started it now so it would be gone before Christmas. The biggest problem right now is that it makes the side effects from the cloxacillin that I take for infection in my leg worse. I get a bit of anxiety from the cloxacillin and now I have diarrhoea on top. That is the s--ts, no pun intended. I just need to let my body adjust. In the mean time I will cut it in half since I can't stop the antibiotic. And of course it makes it impossible to go to town now for a few days which is why I stocked up, and I will call a few friends and see if they will shop for me till this is over. Of course they will, that's why there friends. But this brings me back to one of my bugaboos. Are there things other than medication and caffeine that can make panic worse. What about sugar. I had too much of that yesterday. Or fermented foods like cheese. How about nitrates. I love hot Italian sausage. My vegetarian friends ears are probably ringing.
The other problem I have and have always had is that the more physically better I get the more depressed I get. I have arthritis pretty bad and with the infection in the leg I broke I've only been able to coast along, but now it's getting better and there is so much I want to do and I don't know where to start. Do I do something I want to while I can or do I do some thing that should be done in case I relapse again. Now this is just silly thoughts because I know I will do the stuff that has to be done first and try to fit some fun stuff in also. But it's all this thinking that is driving me nuts right now. 
Unlike you I haven't lost any one close to me and I do feel for you and hope you can cope. But (I'm going to wear that word out) I live in a village of older people so I have lost a lot of acquaintances and I think that bothers me subconsciously. Unlike all the people here that have a fear of dying I have a fear of living. I spend a lot of time fighting suicidal thoughts. I'm single, I have a lot of pain at times, I can't do the things I want to etc. That sort of crap. And one of the side affects of Celexa is a tendency towards suicide in people who may be prone to it. Which I may or may not be. Any way there are people watching me and our little hospital knows to accept me if I show up serious. Why am I venting here, I would never tell any one this. Besides I have done Celexa before. So if I show up here sounding weird it is just the medication which thankfully I will only have to take for a while if I can. Again thank you for your concern it is nice to know some one cares, it makes all the stress less. I have a friend who wears out the word " persevere".      

Davit

Reading this thread: