Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

need your prayers

17 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you so much for your kind words! I cant believe you said i'm an 'inspiration' to all of you.......thats so sweet of you. I never thought of myself like that. I thank you so much for lifting me up high like that. Ur so kind and wonderful! Thank you all for your support. Ur the besttttttttt! U are all an inspiration to me! ;)
17 years ago 0 29 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I did have the chance to wish you all the best before the big day but I have something to tell you: YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION to the rest of us! Congratulations! I wish you all the best from here on!!! You got to where I want to be in a few weeks time! I'm only on my 3rd session but it's examples like yours that give me and many other strength to move on and the belief that it is possible for us too! For that I thank you with all my heart! Go for it! The world awaits you! Take Care, Ana
17 years ago 0 69 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congradulations!@!! You should be so proud of yourself. Being in school myself I know firsthand how hard it is to have anxiety and go to class. That is Amazing!!!! -Vanessa
17 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WAY TO GO!!!! I'm so happy for you Angel! That is awesome, now you can enjoy the future that has now just opened up for you with your education and realize that you are stronger than your anxiety and you can overcome it! Great job! Jen
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Angel, That's so GREAT!! You passed this test with flying colors! Keep up the good work! Danielle ________________________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thank you so much to everyone who posted for me! I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT!!! Ok, sooooooooo, i did it! I Graduated! Without escaping, even for a little 'washroom break'. I'm soooooooooooooo proud of myself. I mean, it was not easy. It was a challenge because i was terrified of this day. There were so many people and it was boiling hot. But, i did some visualizations before i went. I imagined myself free from anxiety/panic. I imagined sitting there calmly and enjoying the speeches, enjoying the day itself. And it actually worked!!! I felt like that person for a bit! I got up there and got my diploma. Yes i did have anxiety and i was nervous. But soooo whatttt........I WENT, AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS! Thank you thank you thank youuuuu to all who supported me. Your advice was fantastic! I graduated from University! I did it! thanks a bunch!! ;)
17 years ago 0 57 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Angel, You will have graduated by now!! I am sorry I could not get this to you earlier. I very much hope everything went wonderfully for you, congratulations - it is a huge accomplishment. Toni
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Angel, Congratulations on graduating, what an accomplishment. Ok, let's get back to basics... expose yourself in your mind to situation slowly. First picture yourself in your cap in gown, when you feel comfortable, picture yourself in your cap in gown sitting quietly with your fellow graduates and so on and so forth. Good luck tommorrow, you'll do great! Danielle ____________________________________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The only thing that saved me during my graduation from college was the fact that it was raining hard and our civic center that we had it at had a leaky roof from Hurricane Ivan. I just sat there and concentrated on the rain dropping on all of us. My graduation was awful but atleast I had the rain drops to calm me. Good luck to you, and congrats.
17 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Angel! First of all, Congrads grad! This is your day and you deserve it! I remember my graduation day back in 2003. It was a hot, sticky long day and I felt the same apprehension you do. Our ceremony was three hours long and it was tough, but I did it! You can too! Try and think of this time as a "meditation time" Sounds ridiculously corny but it might help. Just imagine that everyone cannot see you (don't strip or anything ;) ) but try and relax into your seat. No one can tell if you are doing a progressive muscle relaxation (lightly tightening the muscles in each part of your body then releasing them and enjoying the feeling) You can do this slowly for the whole time if you wish. If it is anything like my grad, the speeches will be boring so you won't be missing anything if you "veg out." Try and think of this as the very end of your high school experience. You are exhausted and now you get to sit and relax and be excited that you have completed what was probably the most challenging experience you have ever done. (If you were anything like me in high school, you were a friggin basket case with anxiety and with the addition of other "normal" high school stresses." Enjoy your day. Have a nice breakfast with friends or family and enjoy the graduation festivities. Remember, if you have to leave during the ceremony, don't worry about it. People will just assume you have to pee or something. Two hours is a long time to sit if you have been drinking (soft beverages of course ;) ) during the day and celebrating. Don't worry and tell yourself that this one day is yours, you deserve it and you will be fine! I'm thinking of you and hope you have a fantastic graduation! Jen

Reading this thread: