Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Getting by.

9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Karin was one of those people who spent all her time on the phone or computer or both. For those who don't know what all her time meant. It means except for meals and washing and laundry, the rest of her time and some times this included night time too. She could drag herself away from it but could see no reason to unless it was something very important and I was not important. But then why would I be, I was just the room mate. My therapist said I had no right to be concerned since this was not a partnership. But it put an unfair load on me. She moved out and now we do our own thing and I'm sure for both of us the stress load is much less. 
It is an addiction. One that I think is becoming more common. One that holds no appeal for me.

Davit.

I love spaghetti squash with anything on it. Usually meat sauce with lots of peppers. 
9 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit Yes I used to like to spend the holidays with the person I am with too that's if they are not to busy on the phone or computer with the relatives through out the holidays. That brings to mind the saying "love the one your with"..and a book of poems that I bought 11 years ago titled "If only I knew".. Well on to better and more positive thoughts and subjects. I cooked spaghetti squash with fresh mushroom and chicken alfredo sauce on top as a treat for myself tonight and it was yummy. Comfort food for the soul.. I hope you enjoyed your homemade soup tonight my friend.. Red...
Well that isn't it. Doesn't matter, I can read your posts quite easy. I don't go to my Brothers because I can't compete and I can't stand the me first attitude. It is better to be alone. I know people like to make a splash and invite their relatives and sometimes even friends but if I really want to be with someone then that is who I want to be with. I'd make time for others, but they have to come second or not at all. And too bad if they don't like it.

Davit.
Red.

I put in Grammar check to see if it over rides me.

It is snowing more serious now. I'm making soup today.

Davit.
Sorry if my posts are hard for others to read. I did type this in paragraphs but they don't come up that way when I post them. Must be my new operating system. This is how they will read from now on. So please bear with me.. Red..
Hi Davit, When you are with someone like I am who has a extended family that calls from afar with bad news or demands during the holidays it can be hard. It does get to be a bit wearing and seems to take the joy out of it. For me all the holidays during this last year have now become anxiety provoking events. They even managed to spoil my 60th birthday last August. I think this has to due with the new world we live in with it's ME mentality and all their Selfies. How Selfish Sometimes I wish they would all just join up with each other some where and leave me here so I could enjoy the holidays here alone. As for me today I am going to be selfish and take care of me by doing My laundry. Red..
Hi Red

I don't know what happened to me this year. I went through the motions but My heart just wasn't in it. I played Christmas music and did all the baking. Most of it is in the freezer now.
No anxiety, just a feeling that it was a waste of time. I'm righting it off to being tired. After Karin moved I had a lot of rearranging and cleaning to do.  Her moving crew made a mess and I said I'd clean it so she could concentrate on setting up her apartment. Truth is I think I just wanted to be alone. We did not make good room mates. Too different. In the past when I was alone it was my decision and I was healthy and happy so it didn't matter, nothing was a chore.
Not so anymore. 
All the New Year means to me is that I'm closer to spring. Seasonal Adjusted Disorder. I better take some vitamin D. That or use my light.

Davit.

Hi Davit, This year I found myself going through the motions of celebrating the holiday but my heart wasn't really in it. It seems that a person can be with someone but if that person is not really present in the relationship then it is similar to being alone. I think it was easier being alone that first Christmas after my husband passed away than it is being with someone during the holidays and feeling alone.. Anyway I am looking forward to the end of this year and am looking for a positive direction to go in for this coming year. I planted some cuttings from my ivy geraniums last month before the frost came and am looking forward to seeing them grow and bloom in the spring. Other than that I am not sure what the new year holds for me. I find myself reflecting and contemplating on a direction for the new year. Your so right Davit all we can do is think positive. Life goes on and we must go with it. Your friend. Red..
Hello Carmie

Have not seen you in a while, I hope you are fine and had a good Christmas.

Davit
Christmas is different when a person celebrates it alone. More a time of contemplation. It snowed lightly in the morning and that was very nice. 
I made the mistake of thinking of Christmases past and the negative snuck in for a bit. It is gone but it is like having a mental hang over. It will take a day to get right again. 
It is a very calm overcast day, very quiet. Somewhere out there, there are bunnies and birds going about their lives.

All we can do is think positive. Life goes on and we must go with it.

Red, I hope you had a pleasant and restful Christmas. I hope the coming year is good for you. I'm looking forward to spring and the first flowers. I put in a lot of bulbs this fall. I intend to plant buckwheat in my potato patch and till it under. More down scaling since I'm by myself again. I just used my last pumpkin and the squash are done but there is lots of everything else. 

Your friend
Davit

Reading this thread: