Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Panic, anxiety, feeling of unreality, agoraphobia

14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bambi

You know I would do this for you if I could but since I can't you're stuck with it. In your reading if you find something you don't understand then ask? If I know the answer I'll tell you and If I don't and no one else does I will try to find it for you. Don't make the mistake that a lot of us have of thinking we have a symptom just because it is in front of you. Write it down and look at it real hard before you accept that you have it.

Davit. We are here for you.
14 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi bambi! well its all been learning really, i have learnt loads about why am feeling this way and why my body is reacting this way! i have tried and thought of so many theroies to understand why i have these thoughts and i then i just realised its my body just reacting to stupid thoughts and that am making myself have these thoughts and that actually i was in control of my panic attacks and in a way they were abit of comfort! Since then i have basicly tryed my best not to think of negative thoughts and when one pops up i just try think of postive things and look at the big wide world around me! i have got back incontact with all my old friends and just realised i cant live like this with panic all time! Davit theroy which he posted on the forum anxiety addiction really really helped me! also i have been trying to do a bit of operant condtioning so when i have an attack i get everyone arund me who i used to run for comfort, to say no stop doing this to yourself u cant live this way and its hellping tons! i have tryed not allow myself too much free time either so i dont have time to sit around dwelling! so far i havent had a panic attack in 2 weeks i have periods of anxiety but i try block these out or try read or watch something funny! hope this helps xx
14 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There are quite a few links.

If you google The Quiet Borderline you should find lots!  Let us know what you find out.

Ashley, Health Educator
Thank you for all your help, it means so much to me!! Can you give me a link or something about it so I can read.
Bambi,

I know it is hard to look into this yourself.  But know that we are all here to support you.  From what you said and your concerns I think looking into the diagnoses is important.  I have been doing a little research myself in order to help you and I came across something called the Quiet Borderline.  I don't know much about your symptoms but I know with borderline personality disorder there is a lot of acting out behaviours.  You did not mention any of this.  I also think the Quiet Borderline often as problems with depersonalization.  So this might be something you look into in your research.  Again, I am not a doctor, this is not a diagnoses but if I can help you with your research I would love to.

Keep posting.  We will figure this out together.

Ashley, Health Educator
I don't know. I'll definitely try. It is just so exhausting doing it all by myself. Struggling and fighting. But I now that it is something I have to do. no one else will.
Bambi,

Do you think you would be able to get a second opinion on your diagnoses?

Ashley, Health Educator
Yes, Borderline personality disorder, not bipolar.
I think I have a mixture between panic and depersonalization disorder. I got all of the information from various forums and data from the Internet.

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to clarify because I am not sure this is clear.  Bambi you were diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) right?  But I think others may be discussing Bipolar Disorder (BD) which is also known as Manic Depression.  These diagnoses are different one is a mood disorder the other is a personality disorder.  Both are mental disorders that require treatment.

In terms of your diagnoses I would be unable to say if it is correct or not.  But if you are having doubts it would be a good idea to get a second opinion.  

Keep posting and letting us know how you are doing.

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bambi.

I won't lie to you there are some side effects to Antipsychotics to watch for. But as far as making you worse, no they won't. Addiction, no if any thing you will have the same problem as all my friends on them do. They get feeling normal and forget to take them and get a little set back. But this is putting the cart before the horse. First you have to see if you really have this. One of the annoying things Psychiatrists do is put you on medication when there is no clear diagnosis to see if you get better and if you do then that is what you have.  MAYBE. You say the meds didn't help. Well, that could be a good sign. If and when you do get tested don't feel bad if you don't get one hundred percent, none of us do. If you don't understand a question just say so. OH YES. I have been tested even though there is nothing wrong with me. It is sort of the standard thing the shrinks like to do. I have two Bipolar friends and one schizophrenic friend. They live normal lives and you can't tell they are different. They are more normal than my normal friends. But again, I think we are jumping the gun here. The first time I saw a shrink I really thought I was crazy, but all I was, was badly depressed and it was messing with my thinking. I took an antidepressant for around a year and was then good for thirty, till some major trauma brought it back again. What ever the diagnosis is you have friends here and we will never leave you. I have some anxiety and confusion this morning but it is only because I have to drive for two hours to another city for tests and it is snowing. I'm accepting that it is going to be a lousy day and I will make the best of it.
Good luck. We are with you.

Davit.

Reading this thread: