Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,784 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA, RBORBON

Hi Newbe here

17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
30 yr smoker, 1-2packs a day Been wishing to quit for years. Friday week ago had heart attack. Time to really quit for my life. Found this site a few days ago. Looks like a good place to start.............& STOP for life!!!! Plan is to quit Friday. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
WOW!!! Thank y'all very impressed. I will need lots of people. This is the hardist thing I've done in awhile. Have only smoked 6 today so far and I didn't just get up. Also doing reading and working in the guide. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Well friday didn't go as planned was smoking before I knew it. NOT Knew what I was doing. Sunday 2nd shot. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Reading getting plan together. First I have to get wife to hide hers better. She was not smoking where I was but I knew what was going on. We are still talking about how we are going to do this. May have to have her take the truck out just to smoke or maybe go over to the neighbors to smoke. Want to go cold turkey its the nicotine that causes the coronaries to spasm. Will check back before bed and be ready in the morning. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Yes I will. I've done lots of reading> Now is the time for action. Let you know tomorrow haw it is going. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's almost Friday!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! We are HERE FOR YOU! Express your experience(s) often! :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 105 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi CS So glad you posted. It means you are still committed. As soon as I feel like smoking, I think about what is going on and I post. Quitting is a roller coast ride and those first days are Hell!! ....But read some of the stories from the Hall of Fame, listen to the wisdom of the members that have long quits and you will know that it gets better and better. We are with you! And will be dropping in to say hi tomorrow! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 255 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are in the right place! Welcome to SCC. We will support you through your rough spots and celebrate your achievements. There are many people with so much to offer her. So glad you have joined us! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 174 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 48 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi CS.....:) Just wanted to add my voice to the rest of the 'mob', that's what we call a herd or pack of Kangaroo's downunder. Don't know where you are located of course but Friday has already ticked over for me so I guess I might be talking to you from the future.....:) Anyway Friday is looking pretty good here and I am hoping that Friday is an exciting day for you, a day which will go down as one of the most significant days in your life. All the best CS and I hope you are starting to feel a great deal better after your recent health scare. Savvvy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 218 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 48 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CS you have my admiration.....you sound like a true 'battler' as we say in these parts. There is nothing more admirable or worthy of respect than the determination to find a way to succeed at a truly worthy/noble cause. I am wondering if you are thinking of using, patches or some other NRT aid to give you the edge. I use patches and I don't wear them at night (vivid dreams). When I smoked I would reach for a cig as soon as I woke. Now I reach for half NRT lozenger to ENSURE that I feel absolutely comfortable until having showered and put the patch on. Thinking of you CS.... As some say here 'crave the quit'......you can make this happen. Savvvy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 258 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10

Reading this thread: