Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,788 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

Sixth day of Smoke-Free-Wife says i am irritable

17 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Irritable? Never that! When someone says im irritable I just explain to them that it's not me, it's them and they are just being more annoying then usual.. :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 203 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $97.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL thanks.. It adds a bit of humour to the akward moments. Im a real smartass and kind of blunt naturally so they razz me about it..So of course I have to do it back to them :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 204 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $97.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You all were right. Irritability is gone. When occasional thought of smoke comes, i think of the 'smokers body' on the WHO web-site. Picture is better than 1 million words.............. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 304 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $67.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
yes it is dificult. Ispiration to quit for good is another program i am working on. I felt that i have to cleanse myself as part of that program to succeed 100%. Anger, irritable, loniless, discontendness are dangerous attributes that would lead us back to the old times. Yes, prayer & meditation will help us get thru this. Thanks everyone for the support and advice. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 63 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
into the my 13th day, i am gaining control. i explained the crankiness is part of the withdrawal symptoms. wife understands. asked her to look at the brighter side ==> no cigar smell.. better life ......
Hope this phase passes soon. Will try all your technique(s). Thank you all for the support and advice. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 57 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
Sixth day into not smoking, my wife thinks my tolerance level has nose dived. I myself sometime think i am going bit too far. I searched the web and one of the sites did mention this last for 1 to 2 weeks. Will it go away? Please share your experience and way to cope up with irritability. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 55 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Amazing! So glad you followed up. What incredible news! 30 days! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 424 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
keep posting. it helps. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 177 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
your crankiness is a good sign, indicating that your body is working through this quitting thing. this is all temporary (unlike your new smoke-free lifestyle). think of it as growing pains. remember to be nice to yourself and as nice as you can be to others. do not feel that you need to initiate or respond to anything right. your quit must be protected. everything that can wait, should be put on the back burner. every cig. not smoked is a point in your favor. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 176 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45

Reading this thread: