Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,771 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Cecilia_EH, MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78

Self Talk

18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh Bingo that is such great news for me. It is great to not feel alone regarding this annoyance and to know that many are experiencing those 'letsg go have a smoke' thoughts getting farther and farther apart! It is wonderful to not feel alone regarding this annoyance and that it is normal. I hope I can be an inspiration to all of you as you are being to me! Thank you so much. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 169 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$54,550.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5961 Hours: 9

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi fishoutofwater. Great to meet you. Thanks for your words of encouragement. I am trying my best to learn anything new to aid in this endeavor. I will start a folder on my desktop along with my positive quotes. Another tool! Yeah! Hopefully what I write will be empowering and useful to me in the days ahead. Hopefully when I go back and read the progress will help me in my resolve. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 168 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
  • Quit Meter

$54,550.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Very cool skidoo ... very cool! Thank you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 171 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$54,550.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Good Morning N2k! 100 days huh? I can do that! I can! I can! (at least that is what I am going to keep telling myself!) :) And knowing you were not going to every smoke again after 6 months ... wow ... that sounds like heaven! If it were possible for me to physically get my hands around the throat of that little voice I'd be so happy! LOL! That little voice seems to be my hardest obstacle. I have plans to get my butt back to the gym. I use to faithfully work out 2 hours x 4 days a week. Can I work out hard while using the patch? Did you use the patch? And that is so true what you stated about needing the struggle to appreciate the success when it arrives. That holds true for so many things in life and puts this quitting thing in a very good perspective. Thank you for your wise words. The healing is hard, but I am enjoying it. (that's what I am telling myself anyway! :) LOL ) ------------------------------------ Good Morning Mr Ed! Is there a diary on this website for us to log our experiences? That is a great idea to track progress so that I can go back and read it for positive reinforcement. Congrats on your 3 months ... that is so flippin' wonderful! Keep it up! ------------------- Good Morning Josie. Thank you for your kind words and encouragement!
  • Quit Meter

$54,550.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I appreciate what you guys have written ... I see determination in your posts. It fits my style and personality. You state you know you will not smoke and believing in that is making it come true. I believe in the power of prophesying. Nothing wrong with saying you will never smoke again. The worst that can happen is that you will. But prophesying that you won't is never a bad thing. We SHOULD believe that we will never smoke again. I need to believe with every ounce of my being that I am a non-smoker. Believe it ... make it come true. By the way ... Good Morning all. I'm doing great ... hope you are too!
  • Quit Meter

$54,550.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I wish I was wonderful, strong and positive all the time. I am the majority of the time ... but when I crash ... I crash pretty hard. That is how I am feeling right now. I think I need to take a shower and go to bed and start new tomorrow. It has been a rough 'craving' day. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 179 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

$54,550.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

[quote]We can lick this addiction![/quote] We sure can!!! My husband and I have decided to take the patch off a half hour before we go and work out. We will put it back on once we have worked out, cooled off and cleaned up. If I don't post again ... it is because we've had a heart attack. (just kidding ... heh :) )
  • Quit Meter

$54,550.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I'm on day 5. I'm am happy about my decision and my will power is strong. The only thing that is really bothering me right now is the self talk that I hear in my head. Out of no where ... the thought or a voice in my head will say 'let's go have a smoke'. I can fight that thought/voice, but man is it annoying. Can anyone tell me if these thoughts start getting farther and farther apart? Over time will I not have to deal with these thoughts as much? I would imagine that would be the case as with any other habit that one wants to quit, but am not totally sure. It would be nice to hear there is some light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Quit Meter

$54,550.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thank you so much for your post! Hearing that there is light at the end of the tunnel is really what I needed to hear. Do you remember when those trigger thoughts began to stretch out more and more? Is it at one month, 3 months, 6 months? I know everyone is probably different ... but what was your experience? I can't wait til I have been quit for over a year. That sounds so wonderful. Congrats to you! X-Smoker's Glove Compartment Todays Date: 5/18/2006 My Milage: My Quit Date: 5/13/2006 Smoke-Free Days: 5 Cigarettes Not Smoked: 150 Amount Saved: $20 Life Gained: Days: 0 Hrs: 10 Mins: 10 Seconds: 17
  • Quit Meter

$54,550.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Na ... I'm doing good. I signed up as X-Smoker ... but changed my name to 'Breaking Free' ... hopefully to evolve into 'Free' one day. I'm glad to hear you decided to give it another go. Need to chat ... I'm here for ya! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 511 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$54,550.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: