Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,785 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

Change

17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Life has a way of throwing curves in our direction just when we think we have a handle on things. Changes come when we quit smoking. This is an inevitable fact for if things didn�t change, we would continue to be smokers. Those changes include the places we go, the things we do, the people we associate with, and the way we respond to situations. There is one thing that is definite about change. Change is constant. Winter turns to spring, spring to summer, summer to fall and fall back to winter. Babies are born, kids grow up, and people die. These are all facts of life and there are a whole lot of other things that happen along the way. Quitting smoking is one of the things that have happened along the way for those of us around here. We all have a common connection regardless of how the quit has been. Confidence is one of the things we gain when we become quitters but the greatest benefit is the escalation of self awareness that quitting brings about. Some lose their way when life throws those curves and others struggle to hang on with every bit of integrity they posses refusing to give up the good fight. Regardless of if someone gives in during a trying life crises or moves forward, we are no longer the same once we quit smoking for the change has taken place. We have learned that smoking doesn�t solve anything nor does it make anything better. Smoking doesn�t bring our loved ones back, doesn�t create understanding for lost friendships, doesn�t heal any wounds, cure cancer or solve any kind of life crisis. Smoking kills. That is all it has ever done and that is all it will ever do. Smoking robs us of the life we are entitled to live to the fullest. Knowing what we know now, we cannot ever be comfortable smokers again. What happens in life happens. We must keep our chins up and put our best foot forward at all times. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 559 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,193 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1956.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Excellent Post Lady, and sooooo True !!!!!! [IMG]http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/6451/sweetpea8bk.jpg[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/29/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 500 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,011 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2245 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 64 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Excellent post, Lady. As one who is going through his own considerable changes, I fully understand what you mean. This smoking addiction is a hideous and vile thing that wraps people up in its layers of lies and deceit. It literally alters our thought processes to ensure its survival. It has no heart, no soul, no remorse. It will alienate friends, drive wedges between lovers, split families, and cause mothers to let their children go hungry. No thing, no one, is as important as it is. It will make a proud and honest person beg, borrow, or steal to satisfy itself. Its layers cloak the truth and smother the person it surrounds. Some it controls only lightly, others are fully enslaved to its command. And, most importantly, it can be beaten. It is the most powerful addiction known to science and it can be beaten. Rarely on the first try, some battle it long and hard, but if they persevere they will triumph. Keep up the great quits, everyone. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 598 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,978 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2272.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 111 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I say YES to change! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 48 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $23 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

$330,772.43

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6033 Hours: 14

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: