Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Failure and Shame Spirals

9 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, Dallasjayde! That is amazing that you journalled every day of 2014. Truly, that is incredible! That takes a lot of work and dedication. Missing one day is inconsequential to the program and even to be expected. You are only human.

It sound to me like there are a few cognitive distortions in your thoughts in this post. Can you pin point any of them?
Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, 

I have written in my journal every day of 2014 so far and I was looking through some of my old entries and realized that I accidentally missed a day. I don't know why but I just started freaking out-internally- and spiraling into this pit of negativity. It has affected the rest of my day and my enjoyment in my day's activities and I don't know why it affected me so much or why it had any effect at all. I feel like such a failure at the one thing I thought I was accomplishing well this year and it was such a small mistake but it changed everything. I feel so disappointed in myself. I don't know... 

Reading this thread: