Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Hey

15 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
welcome to the forum. you have an interesting way of describing things fubar hope you get something useful out of this site
15 years ago 0 201 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi fubar, that was a very succinct paragraph! depression didn't creep up on me - it always was there. but stress and triggers and worrying about others can slam you down even harder. hang in there......get a diagnosis! and if meds are in order - take them!
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the forums!
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fubar,

Welcome to our wonderful support community! Glad to hear that you are ready to come out of that hole
Please take the time to read through the program, and to explore the tools and resources that are available to you through this site. We are here to help and support you in whatever you need.
Stay close, and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
welcome fubar.

I have always seen my depressive episodes as a hole as I fall into and I have to dig a ramp to get out of it... the first part is Really Hard Work and I have to displace a lot of ... earth ... to see any progress. But, as I continue to move well, the progress is more and more evident and more encouraging since I see the light! 

So welcome to the site.  and I hope the gang of us will be of help in the digging
15 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
fubar,  first of all, the name, I'm sure does not fit you.  Everyone can improve and so can you.  You indicated you have to start digging out of the whole you dug and that indicates you have a ray of hope.  Welcome to the support group and I hope you find some help here and that we'll get out our shovels, too.  I look forward to seeing more posts and when you are ready - a name change.

Oh yeah, it does creep up, but it does get better (with a shovel or a backhoe, which ever you prefer).  I guess you can tell I like the analogy.

15 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, how bout it huh? Just sorta creeps up on ya doesnt it? Sorta just though i was havin a few crappy weeks, then i looked back and realised.. in one month i'd, quit my job, dumped my girlfriend, alienated all my friends, gave all my stuff away, stopped enjoyin all my hobbies... and moved town. Now its time to crawl back out of this hole i dug!

Reading this thread: