Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

letting go of anger

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Confused, Focus on you :) Communication is key to your progress and can help, but you need to be ready for it and what it may entail. This is about you and your progress and you are doing the right thing be asking yourself these questions. Confronting your anger and reservations is instrumental in getting to the root of the issue. So take the time to focus on your situation and challenge yourself to move forward. Josie ___________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team.
17 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Does anyone else have difficulty letting go of anger? I'm angry with my brother for not helping me out with a small favour, and I am still stewing about it 3 months later. Granted, he had no idea how difficult it was for me to ask for help, and the only reason that I did was that my mother was pushing me to come out with her -- she'd bought us tickets to the theatre. He lives close by, so I asked if he could pick my daughter up from her evening lesson and drop her off at home. 10-15 minutes it would have taken him, and he said no. Not even the sensitivity to at least say he had another commitment, just no. I don't even know if I'm right in being angry with him. It goes completely against my values to not help someone out if I can, especially family. He has a principle against babysitting anyone else's children -- he and my sister-in-law have 2 boys of their own who are quite a handful. I may not agree with his principles, and he may not support my values -- I just wish that I could let it go at that. This isn't the only situation that I'm stewing about. I don't get angry easily, but this is number 4 over the past 5 or 6 years that I just don't seem to be able to release. All situations where I feel unfairly treated, and where there is nothing that I can reasonably do about it. I could talk to my brother, yes, but at the moment, I'm afraid that I'll cry and then he'll just dismiss me for over-reacting. (I haven't told my brothers about my depression. I've told my mother and my sister, and even they are having difficulty understanding why I can't just perk up and get on with things. My brothers would never understand, and would think less of me for being weak-willed.) I'm trying to learn to be more assertive so that I can handle future situations better, but in the meantime, I hate this ruminating resentment and bitterness. And is it assertiveness that I need for this? Or am I truly blowing things out of proportion? Confused Confused

Reading this thread: