Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Decluttering

13 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jason, 

It's impeccable timing on your post.  That's exactly what I am doing right now.  My Mom is a pack rat, but for me having been a military wife, you have to keep what you have down to a minimum, or you have to pay extra to move it.  The habit's engrained in me, so every 3 months I do a full sweep and clean it out.  I'm hypocritically sitting at my disorganized desk, but I have started purging it.  It truly does lesson your stress, because when you have so much stuff, it's like...a cluttered house is a cluttered mind. 

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jason:  I had to laugh when I read "you might find something you lost".  Just about every year, after Christmas, I find some gift I had put away in a closet or drawer in the spring.
I read a study which showed that children from chaotic homes, (messy, disorganized, no routine) did not always do as well as they could have in school.  Some were more anxious and stressed because of the chaos, more wary and on guard and often unable to find what they needed to bring to school, or to succeed in homework or projects. 

Sunny
13 years ago 0 223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Need some organization?

Are you cluttered, inside and out?

Make sense of it all, without having to feel overloaded and closed in.

Take it room by room, and start purging.  Get rid of anything you haven’t used for more than a year.  Clothes, toys, knick knacks, books, shoes, etc and free yourself of clutter.

This can be very therapeutic!

It keeps you busy and occupied
It frees you of clutter
It can relax you
You may actually find something you lost.

Purging can be a great coping and relaxing technique, so start with one room and work your way around the house!

Jason - Health Educator

Reading this thread: