Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Positive Thoughts

14 years ago 0 192 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red:  It would be really intersting if you could take photos of the trees in different seasons.  Spring is such a miracle.
14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Staying focused on the positive is going to be much easier for me with Spring just around the corner.  The trees are starting to bud out and bloom in my yard.  My roses are getting new growth and I am looking forward to seeing them all in full bloom.  The birds are all singing their spring time songs.  When I look at all the beauty that nature provides for me to see it helps me to stay positive.  I find that if you take the time to really look at all the beauty around you it is hard to remain negative.

Red
14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The best way for me to stay posititve is by first writing down all of my negative thoughts, then I go over it, as if I"m having a conversation with myself and reply to the negative with positive comments, just like what I'd tell a friend. I keep doing that and sometimes I'll forget about my anxiety. I also envision my dreams and what I'd like to do. This used to be hard for me during a period of my panic disorder, because things were so hard for me to believe... I didn't want to be disappointed if my dreams never came true... but lately, I feel that I'm enjoying just the moment that I dream, and whether it comes true or not, is not the main point.
14 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

How we feel affects what we’re thinking and what we’re thinking affects how we feel. When we feel good, we think good thoughts. When we think good thoughts, we usually feel even better. Similarly, when we’re scared, we usually have a lot of anxious thoughts. When we start having anxious thoughts, we become even more afraid.  Try to keep your thoughts focused on the positive by engaging in conversation, pleasurable activity or rewarding yourself for good accomplishments. 

How do you stay focused on the positive?

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: