Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Myth or Fact

14 years ago 0 57 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Looking back on it now, my body gave off lots of signs of stress. I had tightness in my chest, knots in my back (which a masseuse told me was a result of my "computer shoulders" from working a desk job), sore legs, and fatigue. I just brushed it off... until the 1st panic attack. After that, I started to become a frickin hypochondriac and overanalyzed any and every pain I had as a sign of a heart attack. Now, I just acknowledge the flutters w/o freaking out. And it has DEFINITELY kept me from running to full panic mode.
14 years ago 0 192 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Samantha, I agree with you.  It's the acid reflux, the tiredness in the morning because you haven't slept well, the irritability when you have too much to do, or going too fast, rush, rush, rush.  These things can add up to bigger problems.  I've learned to say no to some things, learned not to volunteer for too many things, learned to slow down, period. These symptoms let me know it is time to do something about it - be more faithful to meditation or muscle relaxing exercises, me time.
14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Samantha.

Oh. I have to agree with you but it is so hard to do any thing about the little stresses when they are dragging me down. I lose more time to them than I ever did to panic, and this I know because it's in my journal. So what do you suggest we do about it. Pushing myself only works so much. Some times I get so mad. I don't get out enough so I bought a SAD lamp.
I hope it works. Has any one else tried light therapy. It is very bright and I can't honestly say I like it first thing in the morning but I will stick it out if that is what it takes.

Davit.
14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Myth: Only major symptoms of stress require attention.
Fact: This myth assumes that the "minor" symptoms, such as headaches or stomach acid, may be safely ignored. Minor symptoms of stress are the early warnings that your life is getting out of hand and that you need to do a better job of managing stress.

Samantha, Bilingual Health Educator 

Reading this thread: