Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,667 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Not sure this goes here

8 years ago 0 111 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kiddo is still a bit sick bu doing okay.

I want to remember that it is okay to take care of myself and not worry about what others think.
8 years ago 0 11218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats!

That sounds like a big success to me. What do you want to remember about this situation? I hope all is well with your little kiddo!

Ashley, Health Educator
Thank you in1peace, that means a lot!
8 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SimplyCatherine, that is a wonderful hurdle for you! Good job on sticking with it, finding the place and staying there. I think many of us have issues in hospitals. I'm usually wanting to run back out! I hope your son is starting to feel better! Good job..high five sister! 
  Thanks Davit it means a lot!
8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Catherine

Wow, I open my computer and first thing is a success storey. A good way to start the day.
I read that and it brought back memories of my determination to get better. It may seem small but great things grow from small seeds. And it certainly belongs in success stories. I hope you are proud of yourself, you did all you could to stay instead of running. Feed that seed and great things are going to happen.

Davit
Last night I had to go to the local children's hospital for my kiddo. He is sick. And I was exhausted, like really really tired. Which made me really anxious. Then we hit some traffic (not too much though surprisingly) and got more or less lost having to take a detour due to construction. By the time we got there my anxiety was super high and I was even more tired. Well, we start going through the process of arrival and triage etc so we can see the doctor and I am hanging in there. Then we get sent to the last waiting room where we wait before seeing the doctor. 

That waiting room is very bright and loud. I sat there and tried to stay calm but I ended up panicking. Usually I would have made a big fuss and asked to go home NOW! like without seeing the doc. But this time I took my clonazepam. And I closed my eyes and waited. Then I spotted a hospital volunteer and asked if it was okay if I lay across the seats whereI was because I wasn't feeling well. She was a sweetheart, she said of course and even fetched me a sheet so I am not lying down directly on the plastic seat. Once I was lying down with my eyes closes I started talking to myself to calm myself down. 

Then we were called to the room where you see the doctor. I lay down on the bed/table there while we waited. By the time the doctor came I was much less anxious. 

We spoke to the doctor. I am not sure his explanations as to what is wrong with my kiddo are reassuring but they are the best I have. At least I have been told what to do and what to watch for.

Then we headed home and we even stopped for a treat and I waited patiently in the car.

I realized that had this happened a while back it would have been way worse. I would not only panic about being stuck there to wait. I would have asked to go home. But also I would have been way too concerned with what people think to do what I needed to get over the panic attack (in this case lying down and closing my eyes.) I would have wondered what would people think of me and I wouldn't have taken as good care of myself for fear of judgement.

I realized that last night I felt very little discomfort when it came to people wondering. 

Anyway, just wanted to relate that. Have a good day. Me I have to go take care of my sick kiddo. He is not in daycare today due to illness.

Reading this thread: