Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Success

14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Leanna, 
thanks for sharing your encouraging story. 

Today I've actually had an accomplishment too. I was able go pay my bill at the hospital. Usually I feel more secure when I'm riding the van but we went in the small car today and we also had to ride the elevator and I was able to do this too (although I was really really nervous and anxious). I can't even remember when the last time I had gone on one was. And after that the way home, I didn't feel anxious at all, just relieved.

The other day I saw a t.v. program about stress and how some people use stress to fight stress. They did all these experiements on people who are stressed and tested thier stress level and made them ride roller coasters or do something extreme like high dive and their tests showed that they relax completely after they do this. 
14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Leanna.

YES. Awesome.

Davit
14 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Awesome Leanna!

That is amazing!  It must have been so exhilarating!  YAY!

How will you be celebrating this success?  

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have known about a presentation I would have to do in Macroeconomics for quite sometime now. I knew I was nervous about it, but I didn't realize how stressed out I was. For the past three weeks I've had trouble sleeping, which is kind of normal for me. I've also have had a headache everyday for the past 3 wks. I thought it was something my doctor would have to diagnose.

Well, today was the day. I had to do it. I knew my doctor could write a note or could've just accepted a dock in my grade, but I wanted to succeed. I wanted to be like everyone else and present what I had learned. And I did it. I did it with flying colors. I didn't get dizzy or vomit or anything. I just did it!

As soon as I got out of my class, I called my husband to tell him. I noticed my headache was gone and has yet to return. This is certainly odd, but much, much better than having a panic attack. It's awesome. I have made soo much progress its unbelievable!! I feel so free!

Reading this thread: