Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,514 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

An interesting success

15 years ago 0 187 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
After experiencing success with medication I wouldn't downplay its role. But obviously the placebo effect gives a major additive boost to your overall improvement. I believe in the chemical imbalance perspective but a chemical treatment will never be successful in the long run without dealing with psychological issues as well. Viva la mind!
15 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jay,

I think this just goes to show you can do it!  Believe in yourself, we do!

Cheers!
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jay,

Well I think that is wonderful and quite interesting. I think it just goes to show, although the medication does work, our mind can work too! I still take my anxiety meds when I really feel I need it. But isn't it great to know you have that ability in you, the ability to feel well on your own?

Well congratulations! Please keep us posted!
15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
jamie,

This is great success and it is hard to advise against it!   If you didn't know you weren't talking the medication, and assumed it was in your body and you felt wonderful, what would you do if you found out months later that there was no such medication in your body.  It may seem like a mind puzzle, however, some individuals do experience a chemical imbalance that can only be corrected with medication.

What do they members think?

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear all,

I had a very interesting experience this morning which i felt like i had to share!

I woke up early as usual and went to take my Propanolol (i usually take 10mg first thing in the morning and then wait 45m to have breakfast and get up fully). I waited the time and went downstairs got shaved, dressed had breakfast and felt quite calm. I thought to myself thank goodness for the Propanolol or i could be in all sorts of discomfort. I really felt like i could feel the drug working its usual calming magic on my adrenal system.

Well an hour later i went back up to my room to find something and guess what i found; the little pink pill was still sitting there by the glass of water i had meant to take it with.
A moment of absent mindedness has shown me an important lesson. At least for my own personal anixiety, my expectations and thoughts must have a LOT to do with the fears and symptoms i experience.

I feel empowered somehow, but i am unsure what to do with this new knowledge. I will endevour to keep you posted if i come up with any ideas! What do you guys think?

Jamie

Reading this thread: