Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,684 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Strongyogi*, TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD

Longest wedding in the world

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Clare, Congratulations! This is a great success story! You're making wonderful progress. We are proud and applaud your efforts! Keep it up, you're doing great! Danielle _______________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
one of the reasons that i hunted this site out was that i had to go to a wedding on saturday which was in a remote country setting about an hour away from my house in somerset. It was my boiyfreinds friends and i really really really didn't want to go but had to. my doctor was great and prescribed me some valium to take if things got too mental. The days before hand were awful with just a feeling of complete dread about the whole thing, but the day dawned and we set off after me making loads of excuses. Before we even set off i had an attack and felt terrible, my boyfriend told me to stay at home but after reading the section on avoidance i decided to give it my best shot. We got there eventually after getting lost a few times which made it even worse and i spent the whole day feeling ropey. But the reason that this is in the success stories bit is that i stayed all day, beleive me it was the LONGEST wedding i've ever been to. We agreed that we would leave as soon as the speeches finished but they went on forever, about half an hour before we were set to leave i had another panic attack but decided not to take the valium as they take 45 minutes to kick in and by that point we would be on our way. The speeches finally finished we said our goodbyes and left, what a feeling of relief. We got home in about an hour and a half but i felt brilliant about my achievment. I know that it was down to joining this site as it was in my thoughts all day. Thanks guys until the next time, who knows i may be on the way to sortedness!

Reading this thread: