Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

LIVING proof the mind is not connected to the body

12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Vincenza,
I left the job and am caregiving for a parent now.  Wish I knew what to do with the bitter taste, and unfinished feelings.

It's as though the cycle of victimization just is restarted over and over.

I wish I could have stood up, but I wasn't strong enough

If you "turn the other cheek" in some cultures, you end up being a target for bullies.  I can't see reconciling the situation except to move, but flight isn't good enough, and I can't build the fence any higher because of the building code

It's funny that I did take my time responding, since I'd lost my voice.  So when the guy repeated his request for an answer to his negligent boss saying "hello", my response was "i've lost my voice" -not that I wished any goodwill, since I wished to be left alone.

My moods are negatively affected, but I focus on life's daily challenges, which draw me away temporarily.

I'll try to use the negative aspect of the work culture with some goal for some momentum, since there's a lot of energy there.  I don't wish to be robbed of any more quality of life, especially with caregiving.
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hugs,

How do you respond to your colleague that continues to bully you?  Whether directly or indirectly?  
How has it affected your moods? 

12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I came across a fact that many insects continue to live without part of their bodies, after injury.  I think the same may be true for me.

I was livid aboud something, and I was looking up something on the internet, and I came across something else, which I was supposed to be focussed on, and my anger went away. I had been sick for a week, and suddenly lost my voice too, so I was more angry. Also, a colleague from work lives in the neighbourhood, and is resuming the bullying I left work, as a result. He’s not aware of what went on, but thinks taunting is funny, as he adopts the culture of violence he is being introduced to.

Sometimes I joke that my fingers aren’t connected to my brain, but maybe I need to have this checked out! It might explain moods which aren’t in line with reason

Reading this thread: