Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Hello

10 years ago 0 90 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome,

I hope not only the site, but us as well can be of help :)
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Vahidha

I'm very curious about your disorder and wonder if the somatoform is attached to a previous actual occurrence.  In other words have you ever had an actual condition that you don't now but think you do. I know the mind has memories that go all the way back to childhood even though we can't normally access them. I'm wondering if there is a connection.

Davit
10 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi vahidha, 

Welcome and thank you for introducing yourself.  What techniques have you found helpful in reducing the anxiety and panic you've experience thus far?  What have you found challenging?  
Post as often as you'd like on these forums - there is always someone around to listen and offer support!

Vincenza, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Vadhiha,

I tried reading about your illness, and it was hard to grasp.  It's no wonder someone's warned me about the negative influence of the internet.

I wanted to take an online course on drug influences on the brain, but I think it would be counter productive.

I find the people on this forum helpful.  Did you know there are sister sites, up on the toolbar, which will help with depression, etc.  We'd hate to lose you to  those sites already, but it's like that biblical saying "...many are called, few are chosen....".
10 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site, suffering from panic attack  for few months and anxiety for an year due to physical problems.

this site is really useful, hope i will come out of my panic and anxious thoughts soon.

I have been diagnosed as having somatoform disorder due to depression

wish you all success to come out of this sufferings.

Reading this thread: