Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Has anyone had panic issues associated with perimenopause

14 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
In the perimenopause years, many women undergo noticeable and clinically observable physical changes resulting from hormonal fluctuations. The most well-known effect of these is the "hot flash" or "hot flush", a sudden temporary increase in body temperature.

14 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sometimes a hot flash when i am already anxious makes it worse. i know menapausal fluctuations can cause many mood changes in some. i am experiencing menapausal symptoms and GAD both. its no fun. wish you the best
14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Physical symptoms can trigger a panic attack.  Often it is the thought around the pain that triggers the panic.  It is clear you have been going through a lot lately.  This increase in stress can also make you more prone to panic attacks.

Have you been working through the program? Many members can attest that the program does indeed work.  Start there and continue to ask the advice of your doctors.

Members, please add your thoughts.

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lay low. 

Definetly. I had a broken leg, and staph infection, never got out of bed for four months. never even rolled over.
It's not neccesary to know what causes an attack. you need to know how to contol it and eventually make it go away.
I'm sure the moderaters will be along to explain the program, I'm just here to tell you it works.

Peace.
Davit.
14 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've had a stressful year with a surgery and a car accident.  They are both now over.  I had lots of dealings with attorneys, police, struggles with health insureres to pay.  It's been a fight that I've won and stayed on top of but it has taken it's toll on my body.  I am also in perimenopause and estrogen, progesteron and thyroid are in a state of flux.  I had blood work taken today to see if anything is off that could be causing this.  Has anyone had physical symptoms like this trigger panic attacks?  Thanks for being here.

Reading this thread: