Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

New member dealing with social anxiety

15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Laura,

Thank you for sharing your concerns and support with us.  There are many people within this support group that share the same questions and concerns as you.  We are all a group of individuals who support one another.

If you look to the left of the screen under "Tools" you will find many supportive tests.  These tests may or may not be for you but they are "free."  The purpose of these tests is to prepare you with information that you can present to your physician.  When you're finished the test, you can either print your final report or email it directly to your doctor. 

We've also developed the Panic Program.  This program is 12-weeks and involves the tools mentioned above including challenging your negative thoughts.  We strongly encourage you to work through the program slowly and not jump ahead.  You can contact us at support@paniccenter.net if you have any questions or concerns with our tools.

Please continue to strive forward and lean on us for support.

Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there Laura!

Your story sounds a lot like mine, I've had social anxiety for the past 6 years, and basically got fed up with it.  Although I'm not "cured", I am doing much, much better.  If you don't mind some advice from a fellow with the same deal as you:  remember why you're coming here and trying to get better.  When you feel like there is no hope, no way to move forward, lift your head high and do it for those reasons...win or lose you're trying to get better for them.

Check out the program they have here, and feel free to post away in the board!  Everyone here is really cool.

Cheers!
15 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello all
I've been living with SA for the last six years and am desperate not to spend another year running away from my fears. I'm lucky to have a wonderful husband and gorgeous baby boy but I worry that my anxieties are negatively impacting them both and I don't want to be responsible for causing either of them any unhappiness. Most of all I'm sick of feeling so scared all the time and letting negative thoughts hold me back from living my life to the full.
It helps knowing that there are others out there dealing with similar issues and having access to a support network like this.
Thanks for listening.
Laura

Reading this thread: